Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Mothboy

Minicaltest stl file

Hello,

I want to look if my bed and the printhead is calibrated good.

Normally the sd-card is provided whith a test print but my sd- card is empty.

I searched the forum and the file i found was this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/...MiniCalTest.stl?dl=0 (this file is a block with different shapes on it).

The file i'm looking for is to print a first layer to look if printhead and bed are good calibrated or not.

Build-plate-calibration-first-layer.thumb.jpg.2c874023716e141af28a1687a4b91be7.jpg

Thanks in advance, Hans

Build-plate-calibration-first-layer.thumb.jpg.2c874023716e141af28a1687a4b91be7.jpg

I'm gonna sound like a real ass here but... Why don't you just make one? As an owner of a 3d printer you should learn some basic CAD. It'll open up your world to a lot of possibilities beyond printing trinkets from Thingiverse.

I'm gonna sound like a real ass here but... Why don't you just make one? As an owner of a 3d printer you should learn some basic CAD. It'll open up your world to a lot of possibilities beyond printing trinkets from Thingiverse.

Nope, not an ass. I concur completely. A little bit of knowledge and fundamentals goes a long way.

And, you have to fix so many bad things from the thingiverse. That can be a real crapnado of bad 3D work.

Hello,

I understand exactly what you mean, the best way to learn something is to do it yourself and sometimes ask some help from more experienced people.

Just wondered if the file was stil available.

I'm a newbie in 3D printing so i still have to learn a lot about the settings of my Original+.

No hard feelings at all and thanks for the responses.

And the reason i bought it is to create my own things and not just download from

other sites.

If you haven't done so yet, I would suggest you try DesignSpark Mechanical for 3D-design and editing. This is freeware from RS-Components (big electronics supplier), and is a limited version of SpaceClaim. It is very good for geometric shapes (not for organic shapes). It only requires registration on their site, which seems an acceptable price to me, regarding the quality of the software.

It is very easy to learn: it works similar to SketchUp but produces much better quality 3D-models. On Youtube you also find a lot of good manuals and modeling tips. Have a look there to see if the DSM-workflow appeals to you.