Cura 3.1 - no Multi-Monitor Support

agentpickle

Posted (edited) · Cura 3.1 - no Multi-Monitor Support

Hello,

I have been using Cura 3.0 on Windows 10, but whenever I try to use it on my other monitor, the splash screen shows up, but the program itself no longer responds. I have tried reinstalling and every version since Cura 15 has the same result. Is there any way to fix this?

Here is the splash screen before loading in:

Capture.PNG.b06d3badf995521bcdec860b4f837042.PNG

Cura 2.6.2 not responding:

Capture1.PNG.6c8548bf5057e1b45aa91a8ab4b1857c.PNG

Capture.PNG.b06d3badf995521bcdec860b4f837042.PNG

Capture1.PNG.6c8548bf5057e1b45aa91a8ab4b1857c.PNG

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 3.1 - no Multi-Monitor Support

If you try deleting all of the program files, it seems to reset it. However, the same issue seems to reappear, so I guess I have to run Cura only on my main monitor? If someone has a better solution let me know?

I am having the same issue under Windows 10.  Cura loads the interface, then hangs with a blank window.   Title bar reads Cura (Not Responding)

This is the last line in my log file:

2017-07-28 10:20:05,987 - DEBUG - UM.View.GL.ShaderProgram.load [55]: Loading shader file [T:\Program Files\Cura 2.6\resources\shaders\platform.shader]...

Edited by Guest

Some further information on this topic...

I disconnected (through the control panel) all of my additional monitors, and re-started Cura. It now starts and works as normal on the primary display only. This issue seems to be a problem with multi-monitor support.

Running Windows 10 on Intel i7-6700 with 530 graphics. Latest Intel driver as of 7-29-2017.

2017-08-01 05:40:06,987 - DEBUG - UM.View.GL.ShaderProgram.load [55]: Loading shader file [T:\Program Files\Cura 2.6\resources\shaders\platform.shader]...

This was my last couple lines in my log file too. I have tried upgrading my intel and nvidia drivers, but they were all up to date.

I am running Windows 10 64-bit on an Intel i7-6850 with a GTX 1080. Is there an AMD user with the same issue? Or is it just an Intel issue?

Guys could you post these issues here? The developers will see them and act accordingly:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues

I have posted on the forum (github), over a week ago with no response, just checking in again to see if anyone has a better answer here!

I load up Cura 2.6.2 and I get the loading screen on my primary and then it opens on my (larger) secondary monitor. But I can't seem to make that loading screen happen on the larger screen, where it "remembers" to open

This is maybe due to a windows update which came out recently, it screws up things when a second monitor is left of the first monitor. Very annoying, I had that too with Office and many other programs. M$ does not solve it so you need to deinstall Update KB4034664 or KB4034679

See also https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/2c0ea396-bec2-4d8e-972f-13f19fc35f9f/multiple-monitors-office-not-refreshing-after-update-installed?forum=winserverTS

You have w10? Sad... You cannot remove Updates.

How odd, my second monitor is on the left and working fine.

All updates of Cura, 15.04 - 2.7 have no multi-monitor support it seems. My main monitor is on the right, so when I open it on my left, the same result happens. It doesn't respond, the window appears as white, and there doesn't seem to be a solution other than uninstalling the whole program with all of the profiles.

All updates of Cura, 15.04 - 2.7 have no multi-monitor support it seems.

I have no problems running the released Cura 2.7.0 with a multi-monitor setup on Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I don't think it is a multi-monitor thing, but a multi-gpu thing. If the secondary display is running on a different GPU than the primary display, I can see how that would be an issue. However, this issue is an issue with the GUI framework, that is going to be hard for the Cura team to fix (and it would probably affect many more programs, like eg meshmixer)

Edited by Guest

It is due to these updates in Windows 7 and Server 2012, after I uninstalled KB4034664 it was gone.

Many programs have this problem. Microsoft refuses to fix this to force us into windows 10. Its very annoying, as many people do not know how to fix it.

- You need to open control panel, Programs, and find the update KB4034664.

- Then remove it.

- Windows will reinstall it, so you need to first change your "Windows Update" that it does not install updates automatically (a thing you cannot do in w10..).

- Restart windows.

- A new search for updates finds KB4034664 again, you need to mark it to IGNORE so update ignores it next time.

- Then you can reset "Windows Update" to install important updates by default.

After this, your Cura will work normally on a left second screen.

Oh, and one workaround is there already:

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/127411-desktop-composition-enable-disable.html

And there was a fix from M$ called KB4039884 which should fix this. But Microsoft retracted it, it is not available at the moment as it opened up new problems.

So either deinstall the buggy update ore activate "Desktop Composition"

Edited by Guest

All updates of Cura, 15.04 - 2.7 have no multi-monitor support it seems.

I have no problems running the released Cura 2.7.0 with a multi-monitor setup on Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I don't think it is a multi-monitor thing, but a multi-gpu thing. If the secondary display is running on a different GPU than the primary display, I can see how that would be an issue. However, this issue is an issue with the GUI framework, that is going to be hard for the Cura team to fix (and it would probably affect many more programs, like eg meshmixer)

The only issue is I only have one GPU. I have meshmixer and it runs on my second monitor just fine.

Oh, and one workaround is there already:

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/127411-desktop-composition-enable-disable.html

And there was a fix from M$ called KB4039884  which should fix this. But Microsoft retracted it, it is not available at the moment as it opened up new problems.

So either deinstall the buggy update ore activate "Desktop Composition"

I am running Windows 10, so the update doesn't appear for me. I wonder if there is another solution?

The only issue is I only have one GPU.

Sorry, I incorrectly assumed your i7-6850 has an integrated GPU.

Cura 3.0, and there is still no multi-monitor support... I am using a GTX 1080, not my i7-6850k integrated GPU.