E3D V6 hotend on Ultimaker Original issue

Posted · E3D V6 hotend on Ultimaker Original issue

Hi

I have a frustrating issue with the upgrade of the hot end of my Ultimaker Original. The PLA printed mount doesn't not last long enough to print one in ABS.

I am looking at buying an aluminium mount and I have come across some Ultimaker 2+ mounts. I wanted to know if these would be compatible in terms of the xy axis or if anyone can point me to a suitable mount?

cheers

Posted (edited) · E3D V6 hotend on Ultimaker Original issue

thanks for the suggestion... that was the last one i tried before posting this...

I might get some PC for my Trinus then and give that a shot

Edited by Guest

Posted · E3D V6 hotend on Ultimaker Original issue

The mount dosn't last long enough? Why?

I've had the same PLA mount for my E3Dv6 for years now... If its melting or deforming something in your hotend assembly is not correct, the hotend is not supposed to be hot on any parts near or touching the mount...