Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
flyntm

PP won't stick

I can't get PP to stick to the build plate at all. I'm using the default Cura settings for PP, an adhesive sheet, an AA 0.4 head, and Fine printing. The brim doesn't even stick. Suggestions?

• Like 1

I use painters tape and spray Isophrol alcohol to remove the sheen,

then I put down a good layer of stick glue on the tape where the print goes and spread with a towel so it is not clumpy.

I also slow the speed down to 90% until it gets started then back to 100%.

Make sure your bed is level.

Also if you can use a larger print head it will print easier and faster, all I use is the .6 &

Edited by Guest

I also had some challenges printing with PP. Overall, still don't like printing with PP but at least I got it stick to the build plate.

I tried a couple of things but got best results with using adhesive spray (see picture), the one I always use, even when printing PLA. So I use the spray, have build plate adhesion and a bed temperature of 100 degrees. It does the trick for me.

20171119_160004.thumb.jpg.cab7a0a00029e8a9d880691ea78dcdd4.jpg

20171119_160004.thumb.jpg.cab7a0a00029e8a9d880691ea78dcdd4.jpg