Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
gtayler

Cura 2.7 on Ubuntu - Broken after Update

So I've been using Cura 2.6 on linux for months now with out any issues, but yesterday I let ubuntu upgrade the packages automatically to 2.7.

After the upgrade Cura would start, but not slice, it would just report "slicing" but nothing would happen.

After trying a few things without success I removed all cura packages, ran apt update, apt upgrade, and re-installed. Same problem.

Now cura wont open at all. I've had to switch back to Slic3r...

apt? install? What? upgrade?

I have Ubuntu. I downloaded cura from the UM website and it's a single file. Nothing to install. Nothing to upgrade. Just execute the single file.

You probably want to delete everything in the cura folder that has settings from 2.6 to reset things back to zero. Do this when cura is not running and then cura recreates this folder:

~/.local/share/cura

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 24 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 23 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!