Missing console to send gcode commands to printer and see feedback

rcaridade

Posted · Missing console to send gcode commands to printer and see feedback

This is a very important feature because when you need to setup the printer you need a console to do so.

For example to setup M851 (Z offset) you need to send gcode comands manualy.

So I have to close Cura and change to older cura 15 or Simplify3D to do so.

I want to delete all other softwares but can't do it because of this feature is missing in Cura 3.0.4 or 3.1 Beta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited) · Missing console to send gcode commands to printer and see feedback

I am brand new to Cura and I too would like to see this as a feature - specifically in the Mac version I do not see this option.

Edited by hoozyerddy

We don't really support USB printing, as none of our printers use it. As you might imagine, we won't spend a lot of time to support printers that aren't created by us. So if anyone does decide to do so, by all means provide us with a pull request. We're more than happy to incorporate it.

Finished the custom command sending PR and added an internal ticket. It'll be in 3.3 hopefully. It doesn't show printer responses yet though, but maybe someone else will add that as 2nd step.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I have to completely agree here. I bought a Creality Ender 3 with sole purpose of learning the 3D Printer technology in a hands on way. It was economical and let's me actually play with much of the functionality. An output display doesn't seem like an unreasonable ask.

I very much appreciate that Ultimaker's software is free for everyone's use. However, I think setting standards in an industry requires a fair bit of give. That does have it's returns. I very much want to get a much more comprehensive and detailed 3D printer after this learning curve and something like this kind of good will goes a long way in the decision making process.

That's just my 2 cents.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I'm trying to determine merlin firmware version and it would be awesome to do it from CURA interface i can send command but i cannot see any feedback. 😞

Is this feature available but i'm missing something?

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 8:02 AM, bajtec said:

Is this feature available

No, it isn't.