Firmware 4.1 released

Guest maht

Posted (edited) · Firmware 4.1 released

Hi everyone,

The new stable firmware for the Ultimaker 3 has just been released. Be sure to update to improve your 3D printing experience, and add enhanced features to Cura Connect.

Some key highlights:

• New profile for 0.25 mm AA print core
  • New profile for Breakaway, a new dry post-processing support material
  • Fixed a buffer underrun issue that improves print quality on the Ultimaker 3
  • Extended language support for Cura Connect

See the entire update blog post here.

Instructions to upgrade your firmware on your Ultimaker 3 can be found here.

Be sure to give us your feedback in this thread!

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · Firmware 4.1 released

And you also need the signature file which is: http://software.ultimaker.com/jedi/releases/UM3-rootfs-4.1.4.20171204.tar.xz.sig

These files can be installed on both the UM3 and UM3 Extended.

Instead of downloading these specific versions you can always download the most recent versions:

http://software.ultimaker.com/jedi/releases/latest.tar.xz

http://software.ultimaker.com/jedi/releases/latest.tar.xz.sig

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Posted · Firmware 4.1 released

Ever since upgrading to this firmware, the temperature of Extruder 2 is all over the place. While printing, for example, temperature set to 210, will stabilize at 210 and then all of a sudden, will drop rapidly to sometimes as low as 185 and then go back up, sometimes not all the way to 210 before dropping rapidly again. This happens throughout the print.

Also just noticed 4.0 (after downgrading) is doing the same thing.

I downgraded to 3.7 and the problem is gone.

Just copy those 2 files onto a USB flash drive, insert into the printer, and then go to through the menus and search for something like "upgrade firmware".

@JohnK - you might want to slide all the cables into your head more. They can kind of get pulled upwards and you can get issues like this.

Also know that the temp is *supposed* to change a lot if you are doing dual extruding and it should lower the temp when sitting idle.

I doubt the PID values changed between firmware and that's the only thing software wise I can think of that might do bad temp swings like this. More likely it's a hardware issue.

Ever since upgrading to this firmware, the temperature of Extruder 2 is all over the place. While printing, for example, temperature set to 210, will stabilize at 210 and then all of a sudden, will drop rapidly to sometimes as low as 185 and then go back up, sometimes not all the way to 210 before dropping rapidly again. This happens throughout the print.

Also just noticed 4.0 (after downgrading) is doing the same thing.

I downgraded to 3.7 and the problem is gone.

Strange, we just ran a test with three different firmwares and saw no difference in the temperatures.

@gr5 This was occuring during single extrusion prints using Extruder 2. I also find it weird that something like this would occur because of firmware, but going back to 3.7 fixed the problem (could be a coincidence, I'm not sure)

@Msuurmond I'll keep testing and see what happens, maybe it is a hardware issue with my machine / printcore that is occuring intermittently.

@gr5 This was occuring during single extrusion prints using Extruder 2. I also find it weird that something like this would occur because of firmware, but going back to 3.7 fixed the problem (could be a coincidence, I'm not sure)

@Msuurmond I'll keep testing and see what happens, maybe it is a hardware issue with my machine / printcore that is occuring intermittently.

Please keep us posted!

I also have a big problem of temperature with the printcore 2 !!
    Watch the graph (light green: temperature, dark green power sent in the heating core, green / light blue temperature setpoint)

I only print with the print core 2

what should be done ?

bug_temp.jpg

16 hours ago, teleporteur said:

what should be done ?

For the moment you can hopefully solve your problem with the test firmware 4.2.4.20121222 , which should fix the instability. 

See also: Print head thermal stability or not

Good idea, how to find this firmware ?

The temperature error has disappeared, everything seems normal with firmware 4.2.4