All from Ultimaker Site

Display Driver

Intel Corporation
7/24/2017
Version 22.20.16.4749

Steps to Reproduce

Install, Run (CRASH)

Actual Results

15.04.6 - "pythonw.exe has stopped working" (dialog, self-exit)
2.x / 3.x - crash and self-exit after splash screen without any message

Additional Information

I've tried compatibility modes. Tried giving admin privileges to Cura, python, pythonw, etc.

Running on a Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz / 32.0 GB RAM / 64-Bit OS

The exact same version of 15.04.6 runs fine on my older Windows 7 laptop, I've seen numerous complaints from Windows 10 users that go unanswered or get "it works on my machine" responses. I expect more. This computer runs SolidWorks 2017, Inventor Pro 2017, AutoCAD 2017 all with no issues. So why on earth can't I run any versions of Cura? I see new features coming out. But I don't see anyone resolving this on-going nightmare that seems to affect a percentage of users.

Posted · Cannot Run Cura on Windows 10 Pro - ALL VERSIONS OF CURA

Strange thing is I only can not run v3.1, but all other versions below that one run fine. Indeed very strange, and IMHO, there is no attention given to the people complaining. There is no problem as long as you ignore it. I hope v3.2 works, will try that tonight.

I am running on a laptop, only 8GB Ram installed (funny, I thought it was 12) with the save OS version.  

I have intel graphics but an older ( 2016 Driver)

You have 32GB of Ram.  I have seen where there are software issues when programs cross  2x level of memory, what I mean is crossing 16 gb, 32, 64 etc.  It introduces another address bit that need to be accounted for.

So, just as an experiment, perhaps you could remove some of your RAM, and see if CURA still crashes.  

Just a thought..............  Good Luck

Hi, I have 4 banks of which 2 are filled with 8 GB memory modules, maybe I also qualify for these kind of software/hardware issues. I have no urge to pull modules, I'd rather wait for a new working version or stay on an older one for now. This should be something the devs could try on the test machines. Version 3.2 looks promising with nice features, I'd love to try those.

I just fired up my Win 10 desktop to check this out. 32 GB Ram, NVidea card. All is working like on the Win 8.1 system. Running updates now to see if it makes the system FUBAR.

As an update, I did run through all the updates including the fall creator's update and all is well. I can fire up 3.2 Bet no problem.

Hello - Did 'A' question ever get sorted out. I'm in the same position - no version of CURA will work on my Windows 10 computer. I do get one shot each time I load on Version 15.04.3, but after I close it down it tells me its not responding (dreaded Pythonw.exe not working error). When I try the most recent version (3.2 and 3.3 BETA) - on a fresh install it will sometimes let me through to the main screen, but as soon as I select anything I crash (not responding) - looks like a GUI interface issue.

So I'm forced to use it on a Windows 10 laptop that works fine. I don't know where to go for a solution - its a great package and clearly I'm not alone with having these problems. I've tried new video drivers as some posts suggest that's the problem but no cigar as of yet.

Any ideas? PPPPLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEE!

This is an old thread, but there may still be a problem with the installation.

For me, the solution was quite simple - the path of the installer file was too long and

I just copied the installer to c:\

simon

For me, the solution was quite simple - the path of the installer file was too long and

Good luck!:)

simon

Posted (edited) · Cannot Run Cura on Windows 10 Pro - ALL VERSIONS OF CURA

Good luck!:)

simon

sorry for multiple posts - there was some kind of an authentication problem...

Edited by simon_k

I couldn't run because Cura was trying to write to its Stderr.txt and Stdout.txt (temporary log) files and that was blocked by Windows. I deleted those files and the problem went away. Worth finding them and try that - and if your nervous rename the originals rather than deleting 🙂

The stderr and stout are logging files. Deleting them is completely safe to do.

It could be that a previous instance of Cura still had a lock on those files (which for some reason was never released) which prevented the next startup of Cura from writing to them.

I am having trouble with Ultimaker Cura 4.1.0 which i have just installed and does not launch at all. I am using Windows 10 64 bit (a Toshiba dynabook as it is).  

I have a Junco printer. The software it uses is an older customized Cura-3d. I run Linux. But I have a virtual copy of windows 10 pro running in virtualbox. At first the software refused to run so I had to install the openGL drivers. As long as your Win10 installation is solid, the OpenGL drivers should fix/stabilize most issues like this from the symptoms I've seen.

It seems to be the Intel graphics driver. I have two computers and one won't work at all and one worked once. opengl issues?

Cura 4.7.  Both intel.