Cura 3.2 Beta

Roberts_Clif

Posted (edited) · Cura 3.2 Beta

I have recently Installed Cura 3.2 Beta. I was playing with the new Tree Support, when I determined that I could only save the Model to PC and not upload too my two OctoPrint Pi's.

I tried to enter the API numbers as I did in Cura 3.1 that correctly run both of my 3D Printers thru OctoPrint. It will only except one API then will duplicate it to the Other OctoPrint.

Thinking that this was the reason I could not sent the sliced model to Octoprint decided to test using only one of the OctoPrint 3D Printers, did not work..

I can not send a sliced model to OctoPrint to be printed as I did using Cura 3.1. I can slice the model save to PC then send to OctoPrint from the PC.

The strange part is I can preheat hot bed only from Cura, or using OctoPrint set the nozzle temp and what the temperature increase in Cura 3.2 Beta,

I am allowed to move all axis and Home XY or Home XY & Z. and as you might find have sent a Cura 3.2 Crash reports trying to set the API code.

Thank You

They are Pi Zeros for OctoPrint.

Edited by Roberts_Clif

• gr5 changed the title to Cura 3.2 Beta

For some reason in Cura 3.2 Beta the build plate turns translucent and the Model drops below the build plate, As seen in the Image attached.

After clicking on "Reload All Models"

5a6b539d314a6_Cura3.2.Beta-1.thumb.jpg.76bfdca106d058a42d36560eb86dda80.jpg

Edited by Roberts_Clif

7 hours ago, Roberts_Clif said:

I have recently Installed Cura 3.2 Beta. I was playing with the new Tree Support, when I determined that I could only save the Model to PC and not upload too my two OctoPrint Pi's.

Could you check if the Plugin Browser has an update for the OctoPrintPlugin? When the beta launched, it offered the wrong version of the OctoPrintPlugin for a while. That was fixed after about 18 hours.

The issue with the API key is on my list of things to fix (but the same issue has always been in the plugin).

PS: as a sidenote, I am the creator of the OctoPrintPlugin, but I do not receive crash reports (unless the Cura team forwards them to me). Issues with the OctoPrintPlugin are best posted to https://github.com/fieldofview/OctoPrintPlugin/issues (or on this forum)

Edited by ahoeben

Posted · Cura 3.2 Beta
    On 1/26/2018 at 1:15 PM, Roberts_Clif said:

For some reason in Cura 3.2 Beta the build plate turns translucent and the Model drops below the build plate, As seen in the Image attached.

After clicking on "Reload All Models"

5a6b539d314a6_Cura3.2.Beta-1.thumb.jpg.76bfdca106d058a42d36560eb86dda80.jpg

1- Is the "Preferences > Configure Cura > General > Automatically drop models to the build plate" option checked?

2- Was the model moved in Z axis?

3- Has the "Build Plate Adhesion > Initial Layer Z Overlap" a lower value, like 0.15?

Posted · Cura 3.2 Beta

1- Is the "Preferences > Configure Cura > General > Automatically drop models to the build plate" option checked?

Yes

2- Was the model moved in Z axis?

No

3- Has the "Build Plate Adhesion > Initial Layer Z Overlap" a lower value, like 0.15?

have never changed that value, in fact can not find it.. See Video

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eO-SiLqzdGbgvPnZse5-dC5WXmSemSwP

Posted · Cura 3.2 Beta
    20 hours ago, Roberts_Clif said:

have never changed that value, in fact can not find it..

To appear, you have to change Skirt to Raft as Build Plate Adhesion Type.

On my Cura, I see only the grid and the bound box of the printer max. volume. I don't see the printer plate model now (but I used to use it before).
    I think it is not important to the printing, it's only a visual reference. So you can open the file (the models are in the folder Ultimaker Cura 3.2\resources\meshes) in a 3D editor software and check if the top surface of the model is aligned with the height = 0 (or create your own with the same file name of how your printer was named in Cura interface).

If you add a new generic printer, there is no platform model.