GoTeNsan

SimulationView doesn't appear

Posted · SimulationView doesn't appear

Hello!

I need some help with SimulationView. I have seen this feature in 3.1 version that I can simulate the toolpath. In my case there isn't any "play" button by layer view. Currently I'm using 3.2.1 version. How could I enable this feature? Thanks for the answers!

attached_pic.png

Your display is in compatibility mode and the simulation isn't supported in that mode. Either you have forced compatibility mode in the preferences or your computer hw/sw does not support the required version of OpenGL. I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

On 03/02/2018 at 2:40 PM, ahoeben said:

To get the obvious out of the way: In the General preference page, is the option "Force layer view compatibility mode (restart required)" checked? If so, uncheck it and restart Cura.

• Thanks 1

That was unchecked "Force layer view compatibility mode". My GPU doesn"t support the required version of OpenGL. 

Hi,

I'm new to Cura. I'm running Cura 3.6 from the appimage (Ultimaker_Cura-3.6.0.AppImage) on Ubuntu 18.04 and I also don't have a play button. I do not have compatibility mode forced in the General settings. As far as I can tell OpenGL is enabled and the few tests that I've tried all work. Could this be because I'm running from the appimage and the necessary libraries are missing?

It is more likely that your GPU supports OpenGl 2.0 (which is the minimum for Cura to run) but not OpenGL 4.1, which is required for the features you mention.

Yep - that's it. It's an old NVIDIA GT218 with a GeForce 8400 that supports OpenGL 2.1 - I guess it's time to upgrade!

Thanks for the info.