Nozzle parking and oozing at end of print

aero3d

Posted · Nozzle parking and oozing at end of print

Looking for some help, please.  Been using my UM2 for over 2 years with few problems.  However, about a month or so ago it has started to have an issue whereby at the end of every print instead of the nozzle simply moving to rear left and platform descending the nozzle will stop at the final print position, ooze material creating a large blob and eventually (after about 20 seconds) break away from the part and park the head and platform normally.  It is even doing this on gcode files that were sliced many moons ago and printed many many times with no problems.  So both previous and new gcode files are doing this.  Every single print and it is very annoying.  I am suspecting firmware and it does not matter whether I have sliced the file using S3D or Cura, same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

20180223_174206.jpg

5 hours ago, aero3d said:

I am suspecting firmware and it does not matter whether I have sliced the file using S3D or Cura, same issue.

Any ideas?

My suggestion: temporary re-install the firmware version that came with Cura 2.5

• Like 1

Work around:

You need either manually add "M25" before the M82 at the end of gcode file:

M107

M25 ; Stop reading from this point on
    M82 ;absolute extrusion mode
    ;End of Gcode

or configure Cura (Preferences - Configure Cura - Printers - Machine Settings - End Gcode) to add two lines - copy the two lines into cura as they are:

At least this worked on my UM2(+)

11 hours ago, Jerome_lefin said:

Hello are yo7 using cura 3.2 on Mac ,

Yes, using 3.2 on Mac, but it is now doing it on gcode files created many many many months ago, pre Cura 3.2

1 hour ago, ndimensional said:

Work around:

You need either manually add "M25" before the M82 at the end of gcode file:

M107

;End of Gcode

or configure Cura (Preferences - Configure Cura - Printers - Machine Settings - End Gcode) to add two lines - copy the two lines into cura as they are:

At least this worked on my UM2(+)

OK thanks will try this.

Posted (edited) · Nozzle parking and oozing at end of print

Thanks all for replies.  I'll get to it today.  However, as it is also doing it on all old gcode files I would rather adapt firmware so it no longer does this than have to edit every existing file manually.

Edited by aero3d

Seems like the same thing?

So this is looking more and more like a bug in the 2.6.2 firmware (note it may be there are two different 2.6.2 firmwares and the one with cura 3.2 has the bug and not in cura 3.0).  I suggest you install cura 2.5 and install the firmware from that onto your printer.  And let us know if that fixes it.  Also switching to reprap style gcode instead of ultigcode will fix it but that's not as good a solution.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Nozzle parking and oozing at end of print

OK, I've loaded the firmware from Cura 2.5 but sliced a model using Cura 3.2.1 and all is good.  No oozing blob at the end of the print.  Most definitely looks like a firmware issue and NOT a Cura issue :)

Edited by aero3d

I also used Cura 3.2.1 to upgrade the firmware.

On the printer it went from 2.6.2 to 2.6.2 so I figured nothing changed (even though it flashed).

I'll also reflash with the older version and see if that solves it.

This issue has been finally resolved.  Start with this post by ghost keeper and then read the next post by Daid.