Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Thirtythree3d

Ultimaker 2+ Built plate height issue

I have an issue with the built plate that I just can't solve. On my Ultimaker 2+ when starting a print the built plate goes up but does not stop until it forces itself against the print head. 

I have tried updating firmware and factory reset but nothing has changed. Nothing has been modded or changed on the printer. Can anyone lend a word of advice with their untold wisdom?

Could you estimate how much further it tries to move up? Are talking about a few mm or cm, or maybe like 10cm?

If so, you maybe have the Extended firmware on your Ultimaker and it tries to move up the additional 10cm?

Alternatively, if it is less, you may want to inspect the Z end stop at the bottom. Is it bent or loose?

Thanks for the replies guys. I too thought it may have been the wrong firmware after reading another forum post but that wasn't the issue. The build plate looked like it was trying to move around 4 -5 cm beyond the Nozzle before grinding and moving back down. 

I've managed to getting working again but I think by pure fluke. I reset back to factory settings. Then Removed the printer from Cura and added it back in again. Once that was done I ran the firmware update through Cura. This seems to have done the job. I hope this works for you too Thomaage.