Cheeky Vase

Ghene

Posted · Cheeky Vase

New make which will be hitting my shops today. Already got a couple of pre-orders  ?

Im still trying to finish up the male version without it looking ludicrous. ??

snowdon-handigift-3271.jpg

• Like 3

Posted · Cheeky Vase
2 hours ago, SandervG said:

I just hope it is watertight ? ?

?

Looks good with flowers but as I can't have them printed as ceramic or porcelain anymore (shapeways stopped printing ceramics), it's just a decorative object in shape of a vase. 

snowdon-handigift-3300.jpg

Posted · Cheeky Vase

Nice piece of art.

Maybe you could simulate or replace the ceramics with gypsum or fine concrete, or something similar? You could make a negative of this model, cut it in half and add flanges to make a mould that can be opened. And then fill the mould with the gypsum, concrete or whatever else of your choice? So-called "hard gypsum" as used in dentistry is quite strong, and is available in different colors, or you could color it yourself. On Youtube you can find lots of good videos on mould making and casting.

PS: what does the front side of the vase look like?

• Like 1

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    9 hours ago, danilo said:

male bits look odd  deformed even.

Could copy Michaelangelos' work ? if at a loss for models/inspiration.

I went for the diadoumenus inspired works with fragmented male anatomy as that seems accepted in the marketplaces than the one with complete anatomy.

Posted (edited) · Cheeky Vase

I do admire a good piece of art. Nice vase!

Its kind of what I give to people who ask if they can have a print, but I do faces so they make vases from unfinished or incomplete head prints.

I've just done some x-rated scans for someone... but there is no way I could post the results here!!! ?

The closeups are amazing even just to analyse!!! A friend of mine suggested I do scratch and sniff.....

Edited by cloakfiend

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    5 minutes ago, cloakfiend said:

I do admire a good piece of art. Nice vase!

Its kind of what I give to people who ask if they can have a print, but I do faces so they make vases from unfinished or incomplete head prints.

I've just done some x-rated scans for someone... but there is no way I could post the results here!!! ?

The closeups are amazing even just to analyse!!! A friend of mine suggested I do scratch and sniff.....

Hahaha! I have an Airhead collection on development. I am using scans of my friends faces for that. I also seriously need to learn using Fusion 360 to a good level. My attempts in merging their heads to objects is currently quite pitiful. 

Posted · Cheeky Vase

I was wondering, your butts (well maybe not yours, but the ones you print), are they actually based on 3D-scans? Or are they sculpted from scratch in Blender, Sculptris, or so? Or scans from clay models?

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    5 hours ago, cloakfiend said:

I've just done some x-rated scans for someone... but there is no way I could post the results here!!!

<George Takei/> Oh Myyyyyyy...</George Takei>

• Like 1

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    13 minutes ago, geert_2 said:

I was wondering, your butts (well maybe not yours, but the ones you print), are they actually based on 3D-scans? Or are they sculpted from scratch in Blender, Sculptris, or so? Or scans from clay models?

The female vase was based on 3D scan of one of my models. 

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    5 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

<George Takei/> Oh Myyyyyyy...</George Takei>

???

I used to clean up head scans in maya or max, but they just arent geared for aggressive detail manipulation, so i switched to zbrush. I havent touched any other 3d app since. But i love sculpting and drawing anyways so i dont really care. cleaning up heads in zbrush is a breeze....if you have the reference photos that is to cross reference. Here is a head i made recently one of many....

2018-06-21 13.58.35.jpg

Edited by cloakfiend
    • Like 4

Posted · Cheeky Vase

If im feeling naughty ill post a tasteful nude but the model i scanned had features some would find too large to be tasteful.

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    12 minutes ago, cloakfiend said:

If im feeling naughty ill post a tasteful nude but the model i scanned had features some would find too large to be tasteful.

<George Takei/> OH MYYYYYYYYY!!!!!...</George Takei>

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    44 minutes ago, cloakfiend said:

I used to clean up head scans in maya ot max, but they just arent geared for aggressive detail manipulation, so i switched to zbrush. I havent touched any other 3d app since. But i love sculpting and drawing anyways so i dont really care. cleaning up heads in zbrush is a breeze....if you have the reference photos that is to cross reference. Here is a head i made recently one of many....

2018-06-21 13.58.35.jpg

That is awesome!!

• Like 1

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    53 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

<George Takei/> OH MYYYYYYYYY!!!!!...</George Takei>

LMAO

Posted · Cheeky Vase
    1 hour ago, cloakfiend said:

I used to clean up head scans in maya ot max, but they just arent geared for aggressive detail manipulation, so i switched to zbrush. I havent touched any other 3d app since. But i love sculpting and drawing anyways so i dont really care. cleaning up heads in zbrush is a breeze....if you have the reference photos that is to cross reference. Here is a head i made recently one of many....

2018-06-21 13.58.35.jpg

That is wicked! Zbrush? Will check that one out. Easy to learn?

Easier than maya for certain. There is always a learning curve. Its mainly a sculpting proggie but can do hard edge as well. If you are into organic modelling you will love it. But obviously if you can't draw or visualise in your mind what you expect to create then dont bother. Zbrush throws about 15million polys like its nothing. And you can easily manipulate the model with no lag. If you are a loyal autodesk customer you can use mudbox i guess. But no dynamesh in mudbox so laters potatos! Im stucking with ZB. I dont even retopo some of my scans and rarely go above 50,000 - 200,000 polys per head. I use a cintique companion and do all my work on my sofa now. I spend my days on the computer at my desk at work so dont ever sit by my desk ay home. Nothing beats a tablet with buttons for modelling. Its why i hate apple. They think they are so smart removing buttons. Idiots is what they are.

Edited by cloakfiend

Posted · Cheeky Vase

I am a cheap bastich...I use 3D Coat. I  gave up on Mudbox.

Posted · Cheeky Vase

I never bothered with mud box. No dynamesh is a dealbreaker. That is the easiest way to merge objects in one click pretty much. If you want a particular proggie, let me know I could point you in a particular excellent direction...PM of course, I don't even upgrade my programmes, unless new features really impress me, I find all new software far too bloated and slow on my crappy laptop, however ZBrush still runs smooth as silk. So well written. 

• Like 1