settings for kisslicer

chunkle

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · settings for kisslicer

+1!

I'm looking for updated Kisslicer configuration files that work with Ultimaker and the latest version of this software.

In my case I think that the printer is under-extruding. Could the problem be the Firmware version? I have the latest that comes with Cura.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I thought it was under-extruding, but it was my fault, the bed wasn't properly leveled and the first layer was extremely thin.

I'm working on the proper settings for the ultimaker, I'll post them here. Anyway it would be nice to see other users settings to try and compare :)

Im experimenting with the latest KSlicer as well, you can download my config files for the last version

from my website, but I dont think they work perfectly for the new KS, which also has an extra

config text file.

Would be interested to read your settings for KS 1.1.0 when they are done.

If I have time this week to mess with it I will post my new settings to my website.

I finally got the latest KS version working for my Ultimaker last night.

I will post the files on my website tonight and paste the link here.

I had all sorts of problems getting it to work properly, my issues mostly

stemmed from retraction settings. The latest KS is really quite different in terms

of the settings and config files so it was not easy to problem solve.

I'm having seam hiding and retraction problems too. I printed some calibration pyramids (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:21303) with different settings and all pyramids has a repeated pattern on each pillar. If I set the deep scale of seam hiding to 0.0 there is no repeated pattern, but then the retraction produces a continuous seam on each side.

Are you having this kind of problems?

You will have to upload pictures for anyone to help with details like that.

You should also upload pictures of your "before Kisslicer 1.1" results.

Here is a link to my website where I provide my Kisslicer config files for

old and new Kisslicer versions.

http://www.calumdouglas.ch/3d-printing-software/slicer-configuration-files/

Best setting I found for hiding seams is a depth of 0.5 and a jitter of 0. It doesn't avoid seams completely but the seams get so thin that you can feel them barely.

This is the first time I use Kisslicer so I don't have "before Kisslicer 1.1" results, sorry.

I found that kisslicer has a strange seam hiding pattern that repeats every few milimeters along Z:

IMG_0123.jpg

seam_Hide.jpg

the pictures above are with a seam hiding of 1.0. I have just sliced the pyramid with a value of 0.5 and it seems to slice without that glitch :)

In the beginning i aaaaalways used Kisslicer, but now Cura has improved in the way it has i have never used it again.

Are there any reasons to look at KS again?

well for me its the only way I can get dual extrusion for support material to work is using KSlicer

Second is that I have some really big complex CAD models, that just makes CURA crash.

However I could make a "re comparison" again with the latest CURA version to see how it is.

Is it because of wipe, or a different feature? (or multiple).

It could be worth checking the latest version of Cura, i heard some good stories about it handling big (huge) files.

However, dual extrusion for support is not yet supported.

The wipe tower is essential, and (for me) so is support for support ! haha

If these things appear, and it can handle big files then I would use it as my main slicer.

And...

• The ability to print infill every n layers
    • Set different temperature for the first layer
    • Precise print time calculation (it takes account of the acceleration)
    • You can include machine operation cost (electricity...) in the print cost calculation
    • Set high and low speed settings and select quality with a slider
    • Create templates for different settings

@snowygrouch

hi, i have taken your kisslicer settings, but i do not get it working correctly. The offset commands seems not working correctly. It makes no change over wirting you offset value. Do you have an solution?

I just updated the file on the website, with my latest one.

I am not 100% sure if its any different.....but you can try it.

This is also depending on which firmware you have, some older versions

are not including working support for stuff like switching extruder offsets.

I have put also my current MARLIN firmware on my website too.

http://www.calumdouglas.ch/3d-printing/3d-printing-software/slicer-configuration-files/

Thank you. I will try it. I huse currently the firmware which the new Cura version will install.

Have i seen it right that you come from Köln? I come from Neuss... :-)

Yes I live in Koeln, although my german is not good enough to discuss 3D printer firmware !

You are very welcome to visit and grab a beer and discuss printing anytime you like.

a beer ... sounds good :-)

i tried your new settings, but the offset setting still do not work. I have not installed your Firmware. I used the firmware which comes with cura. With Cura all works fine, but Cura supports right know no support......

Well then I suggest you backup the firmware you have, and install mine to see what happens.

It will almost certainly not work with the firmware that cura installs for you.

My most cherished Kisslicer features that are not present in Cura (AFAIK) are inset surface, loops fan only, stacking, and support control. I'm unconvinced of the benefits of wipe with my typical media (ABS) and process settings.

I'd like to see more support control in all slicers (netfabb has the most control and produces the easiest to remove support, "fluff," once the settings are optimized, though the settings are pretty good right out of the box for PLA).

Obviously, all slicers need much more extensive dual extrusion control. I'd like to see the ability to assign any extrusion type to any extruder. I plan to use a second 0.70mm nozzle to print solid infil very quickly. My next interest is PVA support. I'm not terribly interested in dual-color prints, because my 3-D printing interest is the production of industrial parts and prototypes, rather than art work, toys, or trinkets.

Is it because of wipe, or a different feature? (or multiple).

It could be worth checking the latest version of Cura, i heard some good stories about it handling big (huge) files.

However, dual extrusion for support is not yet supported.