Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
kfuq

Help an absolute newbie

I've just finished building my first 3d printer.  Its the Imakr Startt.  Assembly went easily enough though the instructions provided were not very clear - the USB drive they sent even had a word doc containing several corrections to the instructions included - which I did not find until after the build lol.  

Anyway, after putting in a lot of time building this thing and troubleshooting issues just to get it to print at all I'm at a bit of a standstill.  The printer seems to be printing ok at first but fails every time around 2 minutes into the print.  I'm using the latest version of Cura.  When the print fails the printer stops and the screen on the printer displays the startt logo.

Double check the gcode file on the USB - maybe you pulled the USB before it finished copying?

Maybe the power supply/brick is glitching?

Sounds like an overheat issue on the power supply.  Does this have a heated bed?  If so turn off the bed just to see if it lasts for more than 2 minutes.