Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Quick question 

Other than brightness there are 2 settings that can be toggled.

1. Only on while printing 

2. Glow when printing complete

I have 1. On and 2. Off and the led are bright when printing and dim when not; they never turn off.

I tried turning 2. On and when the print is completed the led’s pulsate from dim to brighter; most annoying and does not seem right.

Am I missing something?

Per the options I should have led light while printing and darkness when not.

Assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you 

95593DFE-2210-4D16-AE57-9040E345AE24.jpeg

B1626166-ACCC-48C2-B902-D619BEF578AA.jpeg

Edited by Shadowman
Added picture

Glow when print complete is exactly what you see, it is pulsating when print is finished until you remove the object and confirm that. This should notify you visible that your print job has finished. 

And normally (on my UM3) the leds are off after the print when setting "only while printing", but only AFTER you removed your objects and confirmation.

Thank you Smithy

The only thing I don’t get is led off; if I have the glow when Print is completed on they pulse as you described until confirmed as removed and if the pulse when Print is completed is off the leds remain bright until I confirm as removed and then go to a low constant glow.

To be clear; the leds never go off unless I turn the printer off at the switch.

This is not something that just happened but rather something I just noticed. 

The picture I included with my thread showing the leds on is while the printer is in ready to print mode after sitting for 6 plus hours.

Thank you again.

Edited by Shadowman
Words added

hmm, ok understand - then I am sorry, my UM3 goes off after the confirmation.

So someone else with an S5 has to answer it - sorry!

Your comments answered and confirmed the pulsing which I thought was odd; I suppose it is akin to “hey you”; LOL.

The leds staying on 24/7 may be the nature of the printer or associated with the FW issue I am having. Either way is fine; I just want to know if normal.

For your information; I asked SandervG directly if he would engage in the thread. 

Thank you Smithy as you “helped”.

Here are a couple pictures after the printer has sat unused for many hours; in the second picture you can see by information on the touch screen display that by this time the printer is in sleep mode and yet the leds remain luminated albeit dimmer.

365EB526-0016-4B10-92EF-EE2D921CE575.jpeg

C32360AE-43E3-43AC-ACC6-9E8214450DC4.jpeg

Edited by Shadowman
Added a picture and words

mine behaves exactly like this.

Also I have noticed if the frame light is on any setting above the lowest the LED's faintly flicker (not good for timelapses!)

Thank you Bigbrit

It is nice to have you confirm the same experience. Seems very odd to me that at no time do the leds turn completely off whereas I am told that they do on the 3.

I have not tried it on the lowest brightness so the flickering has not been experienced and yet I understand that which you described.

Lately I had an overnight print and the leds couldn't be dimmed, whatever setting was chosen. It did work before...

After the print finished a Cura connect reset on the printer did help, but only after the print was done because it restarts the whole printer and you don't want to do this on a 28 hour print...

• Like 1

Hi @Shadowman, by rebooting your Ultimaker S5 you should be able to turn off the lights again. What you describe sounds like a bug in the firmware, and I understand this has been solved in the next firmware release. 

Hi SandervG

I have fine this several times and nothing changes.

The leds remain on constantly; bright while printing and low light when in

resting state as shown in the pictures.

Thank you