Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Smithy

UMS5 Nozzle stays on the object for a moment after the print has finished

My UM3 moves the bed down as soon as the print has finished.

Now with my new UMS5 I see a short delay of 1-2 seconds before the bed moves down and as a consequence, I can see a melted point at the position where the nozzle was after the print has finished.

So I am asking me now if this is the S5 or if this a side effect from Cura 3.51. I cannot compare it at the moment and print something sliced with Cura 3.51 on my UM3, but I did prints on the UM3 with 3.50 and haven't noticed it yet. So I assume it is the S5 itself.

Has someone else seen this behavior on an UMS5 ?

Since I went back to 3.4.1 I will do a test and let you know; initially my comment is the build plate drops as soon as completed as I see no evidence of a heat spot on prints completed yesterday.

I have a print that began yesterday that will complete in 4-5 hours and I will try and catch it at the end.

Edited by Shadowman
Additional

Hi Smithy

Here you go

I have attached a few pictures showing the top of completed prints, the top of a couple test prints, as well as a video of the last 15-20 seconds of the 2 day print that completed a short time ago.

The IMG_3249.zip after the pictures is the video. I had to change the file extension to .zip from .RAR so I could share it with you.

Hopefully this answers your question; please let me know if this as you see yours functioning.

All the best

IMG_3240.JPG

IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

IMG_3244.JPG

IMG_3249.zip (This is the video)

Edited by Shadowman
Corrected the video

Hi Shadowman

Thanks for the pictures and the video. I have the feeling, that my delay after the print is completed is a little bit longer, but to take a video is a good idea, I will do it with the next print, then I can compare it better.

I am also not sure if the "melted point" comes really from the nozzle waiting there for whatever or if it is related to the object itself. I did some small prints yesterday and there was nothing, so normal like the UM3.

I should also check the last seconds carefully on my UM3 with the same object and same slicer version, because I observe the new S5 maybe more often than the other ones, just because it is new and so beautiful ?

Thanks for you help....

You are welcome and if nothing else hopefully the pictures and video give you something to compare to. 

When I first received the S5 I asked  questions, many of which simply to garner a baseline understanding of it rather than comparing it to another.

It is my opinion that the S5 is a wonderful printer and I feel confident saying that you will too.

In closing; Smithy, you were one of the folks that assisted me and for that; I thank you again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shadowman said:

In closing; Smithy, you were one of the folks that assisted me and for that; I thank you again.

You are very welcome, that's one of the main reasons why I like this community/forum so much. There are a lot of active and friendly people here and we all try to give our best to help each other to get most out of our printers.

Back to topic: Unfortunately I had no time today to do some tests on both the UM3 and S5 to compare the last seconds of a job, but will come back with results when done.

• Like 1