32 bit system

ctdigger

Posted · 32 bit system

I have a 32 bit computer, I have downloaded the latest version for 32 bit. My question: I have an Ender-3 3D printer I just got and when I go to set up the printer there is no Ender model available, so no printer. Is there an easy fix for this?

Thanks for the help

Ctdigger

Posted · 32 bit system

The latest 32 bit compatible version that was released by Ultimaker is Cura 2.3.1. That version is about 2 years old, so my memory is a bit foggy. You should be able to add your printer as a "Custom FDM Printer" (from the Other category). But realize that a lot has been changed in the past 2 years!

Posted · 32 bit system

ahoeben, Thank you for the reply. I added the"Custom FDM Printer" but my Ender-3 machine doesn't recognize it, what am I doing wrong? the printer works fine from the sd card, do I unplug the sd card before adding the printer? I am going from my laptop to the printer via USB cable.

Again Thanks for the help.

Ctdigger

Posted · 32 bit system

Cura 2.3 isn't very good at printing over USB to non-Ultimaker printers. It has improved some since two years ago, but it is still problematic for some printers (simply because Ultimaker does not support USB printing anymore). The printer you select from the list of printer models does not influence USB connectivity at all.

If you really want to print over USB from a 32 bit Cura, perhaps it is better to use the "legacy" Cura 15.04.

Posted (edited) · 32 bit system
    3 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Cura 2.3 isn't very good at printing over USB to non-Ultimaker printers. It has improved some since two years ago, but it is still problematic for some printers (simply because Ultimaker does not support USB printing anymore). The printer you select from the list of printer models does not influence USB connectivity at all.

If you really want to print over USB from a 32 bit Cura, perhaps it is better to use the "legacy" Cura 15.04.

ahoeben, Sounds like it would be less a hassle to do the build on the computer then save to an SD card then insert SD card into the Ender-3 and print from there. Where do I find the download for "Legacy" 15.04

Thanks again

Edited by ctdigger

Posted · 32 bit system
    3 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Posted · 32 bit system

Where do I download Cura 15.04 Legacy?

Posted · 32 bit system
    On 10/30/2018 at 7:07 PM, ahoeben said:

This only support 64 bit. He needs a 32 bit version.

Posted · 32 bit system

This topic is almost a year old and the software list is no longer very helpful but you can get cura 15.X here:

https://gr5.org/Ultimaker_Cura-15.04.06.exe

Posted (edited) · 32 bit system

The last Ultimaker released version of Cura that supported 32 bit versions of Windows is Cura 2.3.1

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/releases/tag/2.3.1

Edited by ahoeben

Posted · 32 bit system

Hello from Greece. I have the same problem. A New Ender 3 v2 and a 32 bit system made me use cura 2.3.1. 

I manually inserted the machine settings as there is no ready Ender 3 v2 profile. This was the easy Part. Allthough the printer has no retraction, temprature or calibration problems from the box (I ve printed ready gcode files with excellent results) the prints have issues. 

1.The ready made slicing profiles of 2.3.1 can't be edited and for a reason I don't understand has lost many of the detailed parameters. 

2. I tried to manually insert parameters but except from the main parameters of speed, quality, shells e.t.c. there is a tone of others adjustments. 

I am facing first layer issues of adhesion and infill and I believe it's the secondary parameters that need to be adjusted. 

I have spent so many hours with youtu.be videos but all videos doesn't expand to that level because their CURA version sets it automatic. But mine not. 

Any help will be aporeciated

Posted · 32 bit system

Cura 2.X isn't really supported.  No bug fixes, sorry.

Usually if you can't get good adhesion on the first layer it's because you don't have enough squish.  Usually fixed not in the slicer but in the way you level.  Is this an auto level printer?  Here's a video about improving adhesion - yeah it's long but it's full of useful stuff.

• Thanks 1

Posted · 32 bit system

I have a Win7 desktop that I use for older software.  I installed Cura 2.3 and then came across the SmartAvionics version (of 4.6?) that he ported to 32 bit.  You can go HERE on Github and scroll down to the download link.

It works alright.  The user interface is also from 4.6.  The screen fonts are hard to read.  All the recent settings are there.  If I switch back and forth between printers it will crash once in a while (but so does 4.8).  The fella that released it used to hang around here but hasn't dropped in for a while.  If you have questions about the version you can probably check with him on Github.

• Like 2