PrintCore taking too long to warm up

Shirly

Posted · PrintCore taking too long to warm up

Hi,

I am having an issue with this error message on the Ultimaker 3+. It is in both printcores at alternative times. I have had a look at this https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/51185-printcore-taking-too-long-to-warm-up  and i'm pretty sure that the temperature in the room is ok and the silicone covers seem to be in the correct position. I have dumped the files onto my USB but i dont know what to do with them after that haha. Has any one encountered this before?

It has only started happening since I dismantled the Printhead and put it back together again as the spring in the right hand side had fallen. Never-ending problems at the moment!!

Any help or advice would be apprecitated.

7 minutes ago, Shirly said:

I have dumped the files onto my USB but i dont know what to do with them after that haha.

Send it to your reseller for support ? 

I don't know where in the head you can check it, but you probably have a problem with your temp sensor. 

If you have a volt meter, measure the resistance on all your cores on the left two pads.  They should measure I believe around 24 ohms.  If it's much higher resistance for one core then you may have one bad core.  If they all measure the same then the problem is with your printer.  

There is a connector in the top of the print head - remove the two very long screws in the back of the print head and then you can remove the rear half of the top cover.  Inside is a connector.  Try pushing it back down.  Then try heating just one core (while it's all apart) and time it and you may find it heats much faster.

Possibly not up to date Erin, I havent updated them since I received them anyway, not sure when the last update was done by my previous colleague!

Thanks for the advice gr5, I will see if i can find a volt meter.

The too long to heat error can be related to a printhead communication error; there were some firmware changes that makes the error recording a little clearer. I would definitely recommend updating. If its an i2c/ER18/ER19 error after updating, reseating the printhead cable usually resolves it.

Great, thanks Erin, I'll get that done first thing this morning. I got two small prints out of it today before the error came again. Annoying to say the least!