Setting Lock

Labern

I would be nice to have a setting lock in cura. Where in custom settings if you change a value a small padlock comes up next to that block in which you could lock that setting. This will remain there regardless of core, printer or material change etc. A small popup could come up saying that you have locked settings as a warning when you do change printers or cores but you can ignore it if you wish. This could allow some people to keep a setting which they prefer to be altered at all times to remain in place regardless if its a default profile or custom one. A simple click of that padlock would then unlock that setting allowing you to revert back to the default setting.

1887616765_SettingLock.thumb.jpg.103edfab79572e6f0043879bb76e979e.jpg

Posted · Setting Lock

Yeah, but I would like to keep those values locked in place so you can make temporary changes that when you are asked to keep or discard changes, Ones that are locked will always be kept but unlocked ones can be discarded and set back to default.

I have some settings that I never change and would like to be set a certain way whether it's a custom profile or default. So having it locked would be nice. but then sometimes I might make a few small changes depending on the model that can be discarded once that print is done. 

-1 for the idea because the behavior is so close to the current behavior it would be confusing.

An alternative would be to be able to select which values to keep in the keep/discard dialog.

Posted · Setting Lock

I more wanted it for the security of knowing that this setting won't change doesn't matter what I do as currently I don't have any trust in this and have lost these setting changes a few times. But you are right, Being able to select which values to keep/discard would be a good alternative.