Flexible material won't stick to build plate

Gush

Posted · Flexible material won't stick to build plate

Hi all,

this is my first topic, I hope I am not re-opening an existing one!

I appear to try some exotic and very flexible materials. I can not manage to have it stick correctly on the build plate. I tried basically all options I usually do : glue, PEI film on aluminium build plate, "naked" aluminium plate, different levelings. The best I reached was on naked aluminium and with a relatively high flow on a not-to-from-bed leveled nozzle...

Would any of you guys have experience on soft materials ?

Thank you very much!

Gush

What material exactly?

I have printed ninjaflex on heated glass bed with extremely thin layer of PVA glue and it was fine.  If you use glue stick then take a wet tissue and spread it around evenly.  The tissue will remove most of the PVA which is what you want.  I'm not sure but I think ninjaflex is TPU.

• Thanks 1

I have also good experiences with Dimafix and 3DLac spray if something will not stick to the glass. But for TPU material I also use just a very thin layer of PVA glue and it works well.

hi guys

The material is a relatively low shore elastomer, I am not sure of the chemical composition... I managed to have it stick to a sanded aluminium plate and adjusting the bed level. 

@gr5 : I tried the dissolved glue but the heat seemed to make the first layer move on the bed

thank you so much for your answers!