ultimaker cura 14.07 won't download

skillzy

Posted · ultimaker cura 14.07 won't download

Hello, i have recently set up anet a8 printer i know very old, anyways the recommended software to download is 14.07 but when i try to download it I get this error which is attached.

can anyone help me find out if it is still possible to download this version of cura ?

cura wont download.PNG

hi sorry i should probably specify that the reason i want to download 14.07 is because my printer came with an init file that only works with 14.07 to my knowledge.

so you haven't manage to download it? sobss i need it too

Ultimaker took some older versions offline, but they forgot to remove the link itself too from the website. But I don't know why they made this decision.

Same problem for me. @tinkergnome: if you go to the cura download page you can click "find previous versions", but all that is there is the Cura 14.07 source code. No exe or installation file there...

I have worked (a LOT!!) with all cura versions since 1993. The newest versions are quite good in some respects, but in other respects they are actually TERRIBLE compared to 14.07, which I still prefer for most prints.

PLEASE ADD THE 14.07 WINDOWS INSTALLATION FILES TO THE DOWNLOAD PAGE !

or if someone has archived this, please send it to me : es@printedinspace.nl. Thanks !!!

17 hours ago, Erik_Es said:

Same problem for me. @tinkergnome: if you go to the cura download page you can click "find previous versions", but all that is there is the Cura 14.07 source code. No exe or installation file there...

I have worked (a LOT!!) with all cura versions since 1993. The newest versions are quite good in some respects, but in other respects they are actually TERRIBLE compared to 14.07, which I still prefer for most prints.

PLEASE ADD THE 14.07 WINDOWS INSTALLATION FILES TO THE DOWNLOAD PAGE !

or if someone has archived this, please send it to me : es@printedinspace.nl. Thanks !!!

We don't have one anymore. The oldest one I've got is 15.06.

What Cura did you use in 1993? It hasn't been out that long yet (it was released in 2011).

16 minutes ago, nallath said:

We don't have one anymore. The oldest one I've got is 15.06.

What Cura did you use in 1993? It hasn't been out that long yet (it was released in 2011).

Check your floppy disks... 😉

Haha, big OOPS... I meant 2013. Early dementia ??

So no need to dive into my box of old floppy discs. But I'll have a proper dig through my archive. Lots of hard discs to check... Hopefully it's there somewhere. If I find it I'll let you know.

Posted (edited) · ultimaker cura 14.07 won't download
    22 hours ago, Erik_Es said:

if someone has archived this, please send it to me

i can offer Cura_14.09.exe, it's the oldest one i have

Edit: found some other sources for 14.07:

https://github.com/Makeblock-official/3DPrinter/tree/master/Makeblock 3D printer

https://www.robotanno.com/en/3d-printer116/ (near the end of the page)

http://domoticx.com/3d-slicer-cura-software/

Good luck!

Edited by tinkergnome

@tinkergnome: thanks a million !!

@nallath: got it from the first link in the previous post by tinkergnome. Perhaps you could put it back on the download page now ?