Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ruffnec

New at this...

I recently purchased and received (3 days ago) my first 3D printer, a CR10S Pro and Im having issues already. Im downloading print files from thingiverse and slicing them with Cura. I have printed 5 or 6 simple prints but my printer wont recognize anything I really want to print. Ive tried deleting them and reloading and reslicing; tried restarting PC, printer and programs; checked to make sure I have the recent firmware for the printer (1.60.3); tried plugging the printer into my PC via the supplied USB cord but Cura will not recognize the printer is connected. Im lost and not very sharp with this sort of thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome @ruffnec,

a few questions:

• Do you use the software package for Windows that came with the printer or a different version of Cura?
  • The instructions from Creality are basically: "no driver - use the provided sd-card to print the generated gcode files",
    does this not work either?
  • For the USB connection on Windows 7 you have to install the provided FTDI drivers, i have no clue what is needed for other operation systems

BTW: "Ultimaker 3D printers" is probably the wrong category for this question... wouldn't it be better to move it to the Cura forum?

5 minutes ago, tinkergnome said:

BTW: "Ultimaker 3D printers" is probably the wrong category for this question... wouldn't it be better to move it to the Cura forum?

Correct, thanks, post moved.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, goose_busters said:

I had tried to print a train whistle and started to print in mid air for the final top layer and I couldn't finish the print. how do others do it? 

I think you should explain your problem a little bit, I have no idea what your problem is.

• Like 1