print "finished" message right initial after heating bed/print cores

SimonIC

Posted · print "finished" message right initial after heating bed/print cores

Hi All,

Our Ultimaker 3E is having a weird quirk lately. 

When we start a new print, the printer starts it's preperations: heating bed, heating printcores. Next when the progress bars are complete, it will just quickly display "Print Finished" and move the print head back to home position and starts cooling down the print cores.

After a few tries it usually will start to print. But it's a weird thing and it's been happening quite consitently lately. 

I recently ruined a printcore trying to print wood filled PLA filament. So we did swap around some print cores. I don't know if this can have something to do with that, I just thought I'd mention it. Because I feel like this is when it first started happening.

Regards,

Simon.

I don't have an UM3, so I can't comment on the print cores.

But maybe you could also check the SD-card? It could be a damaged card too, or dirt in the connections. Or a damaged file, incorrectly sliced or written (e.g. empty)? Or check connection if via USB?

Try turning off autolevel to see if the problem goes away.  If it is indeed an autolevel problem, flip open the front door on the print head and look in the base of the head and there should be a white, flat circuit board with 2 wires going to it. Check that both wires are connected.  Also remove the rear panel at the top of the print head by removing the two long screws and then it just pops off.  Push down firmly on the cable in there, and then put it back together.