Printing a Mold in PVA

Elle_Dee

Posted · Printing a Mold in PVA

I would like to use Cura's mold feature to print an object in PVA. How do I approach this? I've tried selecting the object and setting it to "Print Selected Model With: Extruder 2: PVA BB 0.4" and then clicking "Mold" in Special Modes. But when I hit "Prepare," I get the original object sliced as usual, not the negative. If I have the model set to "Print Selected Model With: Extruder 1: PLA AA 0.4" the mold mode works correctly, no problem.

Posted · Printing a Mold in PVA

Weird. I just pulled the Ultimaker robot in to screenshot the process, and it worked! So I tried it with the model I was using again, and it also worked! I don't know if I had something clicked wrong or if it was the software equivalent of turning it off and on again.