How to get rid of the small YELLOW segments between walls ?

sibianul

Posted · How to get rid of the small YELLOW segments between walls ?

I tried increasing the number of walls but that didn't work, also tried to set infill to 0% and didn't work either.

What actually are those segments ? and why it doesn't make concentric walls as the external and internal ones ?

Anyone knows what I have to set to get rid of the small segments between the walls, and print circular GREEN walls instead ?

Thank you.

how to get rid of the small segments between walls.jpg

capac picior scaun v1.2.stl

capac picior scaun.3mf

I found the option FILL GAPS BETWEEN WALLS but why it's not making thinner / overlaped walls to fill that empty space? If you look closely to this gif, from layer 85 and up it overlaps the green walls alot, why the same thing wasn't made in the empty space bellow?

Is there other setting I'm missing ?

fill_gaps_between_walls.gif 

I would guess that those are indeed infill, but since you already tried to change it, I'm not sure...

There are a number of options you can try:

• Change your wall thickness and/or the number of shells until this effect disappears (it looks like you already tried it)
    • Change infill pattern to circular
    • Maybe this model is suitable for the spiralize mode?

36 minutes ago, pbackx said:

There are a number of options you can try:

• Change infill pattern to circular

I can't find any infill pattern named CIRCULAR, but I tried concentric and it didn't change the tiny lines between walls, it only changed the bottom infill, BUT ...

I just installed CURA master (Cura-mb-master-win64-20190113.exe) and opened exactly the same .3mf file saved from Cura 3.6.0, and out of the box it did a much better pattern for the yellow wall, with FILL GAPS BETWEEN WALLS option active, with  INFILL set to GRID, all exactly as Cura 3.6.0

image.thumb.png.3d78f703b99a4c580282aa68d3f89339.png

(left image CURA 3.6.0 / right image Cura master .. weird that there is no version number in Help -> About )

From now on I will primarily use this version, until I will find any bugs, if there are any...

Posted (edited) · How to get rid of the small YELLOW segments between walls ?

Note that if you run into any problems with that build, be very sure to mention you are using one of @smartavionics private builds. They contain features that are not yet part of Ultimaker builds, and some of these features may not come to the official builds. Some official features will be half-baked. This build can also contain bugs that will not surface in official builds. There may be issues with plugins, and even with upgrades to future versions of Cura. I love the @smartavionics builds for what they are and do, but you should be aware that they come with certain caveats.

Edited by ahoeben

Hello @sibianul, I am glad that you are getting better results using my Cura release. As @ahoeben points out, my builds may be better or worse than the official releases. I try not to release something that is obviously broken but as the releases are based on the Ultimaker development code + my own modifications, there's always a chance that a release could have problems. Good luck!

BTW there's no version number in my master branch releases because it never stands still. Just keeps rolling along...

Posted (edited) · How to get rid of the small YELLOW segments between walls ?

With your build and SPIRALIZE OUTER CONTOUR active, and layer time set to low values like 0s or 2s (will try to set it back to 10s) it seems the PART COOLING FAN doesn't start up, I just noticed as I'm making some tests to find out why the printer is stuttering when printing fast, round objects.

Wil try without spiralize, to see if the problem comes from there or not.

UPDATE. It seems the part cooling fan is not starting up anymore, no matter what cura versdion I use. 

In GCODE I should be looking for M106 to start the part cooling fan and M107 to stop, right ?

image.png.d04a9ebe2eb5a5791868b3383fb0ddec.png

capac picior scaun v1.4 spiralize 0.1mm resolution - skirt - min layer time 0s.gcode

capac picior scaun v1.4 spiralize 0.01mm resolution - skirt - min layer time 2s - initial fan speed 60p.gcode

Edited by sibianul

I would suggest trying to change the line width, the yellow is the infill but it has to follow the infill pattern instead of the shell's.

But I think what you are trying is to make it the same as shell?

I use a 0.6mm nozzle, and a 0.58mm line width, with those settings cura is already overlapping the walls from layer~85 and up, I didn't understood why it didn't also on the lower layers too. I also tried to set the number of walls to a higher number, but in that area it did not made more than 4.

The only option that completely removed the yellow small segments was FILL GAPS BETWEEN WALLS , I unchecked it, and that space remained  empty. But with smartavionics version of cura, it did a very good job, it filled that space with cilindrical lines, exactly like the walls.