Slicing creating holes in print

abvac73189

Posted · Slicing creating holes in print

I have a model that does not have any gaps in the surfaces, but once I slice it, there are holes created. They occur where two surfaces meet, essentially the model is a human figure under a cloak. So where the cloak rests on the arms a hole is formed rather than closing the surface. Is there a setting I should be changing to avoid it functioning like this? I have to use 15.04 since I have a M3D printer and use the Cura Engine in Octoprint.
Any advice/assistance is appreciated 

Posted (edited) · Slicing creating holes in print

1 -1.thumb.png.dbee0943c3e679455a6cf5b564246664.png

the .stl in a model viewer

2 -2.thumb.png.cb5f97ebef6b1569c9c615d4ac580b6a.png

showing that the model has shape under outer layer and where the surfaces meet/come in close proximity of each other

3 -3.thumb.png.fef01371719880b44e6f5a85ad13f7d8.png

a section of the gcode showing a hole where there should not be, in the general area shown in image 2

4 -4.thumb.jpg.34356fe2e82edefebe04b9108d23f674.jpg

the result on an actual print

4.jpg

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by abvac73189
    removed extra photos

Just thicken the areas that are slicing as holes in the model itself. Walls need to be at least 1.5 (really low end) to 2 times the width of the nozzle to be properly recognized.

I had the same issue that you are having. The gaps (for me) disappeared after disabling ‘Enable Coasting’. I think it may just have been poorly tuned coasting values.