ER15 ultimaker 3 Extender

Mar

Posted · ER15 ultimaker 3 Extender

I have a printer ultimaker 3 Extender which has had problems especially in long impressions when it stops saying in the indicator ER15 which is something related to the temperature sensors of the print core as I understand, we try to change the print core as the page "https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/23149-heater-error-on-printcore" said but the error happened again, by checking the monitoring of the print I noticed that in a flash shot to 700 someone could help me with this thanks

ULTIMAKER.PNG

It's probably a loose cable in the print head.  This is extremely easy to fix.  Remove the rear two screws - very long screws at the top rear of the print head.  After you pull those out the panel on top of the print head towards the rear half comes off.  Then push the cable connector down better and when you put the cover back on push the cable in a little for strain relief and also add some blue tape or other shim so the cable doesn't slide up again.

• 2 months later...

Hey there,

we´ve experienced a simillar error and it occurs still and somehow randomly.

While Printing our UM3 freezes with the ER15 error in the display. After a look at the monitoring of the print it looks simillar to your posted curve. After Contacting our local support we´ve got a solution from the Database which basically recommended changing the Printcores. But it had no effect on the occuring error. We´ve began to change the signal chain part after part ending up with changed printcores, changed Printhead PCB, changed wiring harnes from Printhed to Motherboard as well as numerous updates to the latest UM3 Firmwares. But still the error occurs randomly. The last possible thing would be to change the Motherboard but is it really nessecary? Is ther no direct support from Ultimaker for problems which are not soluable by the solution Database or the knowledgesources on the website etc.?

Hope you can help me, thank you in advance.

• 4 months later...

When I had such issue with Er 15 printhead disassembly fixed it. I disassembled printhead, removed and cleaned printhead PCB board and assembled everything back. First of all I tried to reconnect rear printhead cable but nothing hapened.