Ultimaker Cura 4.0 | Stable available!

Guest maht

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.0 | Stable available!
2 hours ago, prosmack said:

How about copy and pasting models inside the editor?

Did you try to select and then multiply the model? Is that not the same thing?

2 hours ago, prosmack said:

How about copying groups of models inside one file and retaining the copied layout?

I am not sure what you mean by this. If you multiply the group, each group maintains the layout of the group. If you save a project file, all of its properties are kept including layout of models.

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.0 | Stable available!
    5 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

Did you try to select and then multiply the model? Is that not the same thing?

I am not sure what you mean by this. If you multiply the group, each group maintains the layout of the group. If you save a project file, all of its properties are kept including layout of models.

I think I've posted a bit carelessly about these two things.

Yes, multiply works to copy items, I was not thinking straight. I really wanted to post about the keyboard shortcut, not the function itself. Not sure why I changed the subject there...

So, sure, the "m" key (together with the  "ctrl" or "command" key) is logically selected for the multiply function, but I find it not really ergonomic if I want to use the function in rapid succession.  I would like to suggest changing the combination or adding another shortcut for it positioned near the left hand area.

I am also an idiot for not noticing the group function, thanks for pointing that out.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.0 | Stable available!
    8 hours ago, prosmack said:

I am also an idiot.....

noperz...learning a new interface is filled with hidden things.

8 hours ago, prosmack said:

the keyboard shortcut

Ahhh, gotcha... 🙂 

Edit: Just thought of this...have you tried the right click menu? Everything can be accessed with the mouse.

Edited by kmanstudios