Ultimaker 3 XY Offset Calibration

avluis

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 XY Offset Calibration

I'm having issues getting this done as the printer does not prime the print heads before it starts printing (no blobs) -- I end up with a single x axis print from print core 1 -- print core does barely has time to print let alone make a mark.

This is with the latest firmware that was pushed recently.

20190324_195009.jpg

Edited by avluis

Posted · Ultimaker 3 XY Offset Calibration

Exactly the same issue here. I have both an S5 and a 3 Extended, both have printed the same pictured calibration pattern as I set them up this morning. Both are updated with the new firmware.

I guess it's a bug, and because the firmware is unified it's now affecting both printers rather than one or the other! 🤦‍♂️

IMG_20190325_110455.jpg

Any response from Ultimaker on this?

I've got two printers in a business environment out of action at the moment. This doesn't appear to be an isolated issue. The lack of response is deafening.

Just to avoid raising false expectations, even if Ultimaker employees write and help here, it's not the official support channel.

To report such serious problems and get help quickly, the first place to go is always the authorized Ultimaker reseller.

I have the same problem with a 3 Extended. During the calibaration it only prints from extruder 1 and only the X-axis pattern. 

During normal prints, both extruders work nicely.

Okay well both of you guys really really need to tell your resellers who will tell the distributors who will tell Ultimaker.

In the mean time, someone reported that their XY calibration value went to crazy numbers like 20 or 30 (usually the values are less than 3).  Each number represents 0.1mm so 30 would be 3mm!

So for now I recommend you do the XY calibration and then just enter the values 0,0 (or if you wrote down the values from a past XY calibration try using those although I did XY cal a few days ago and one pair of cores was 1,-1 and the other pair was -1,-1 so 0,0 is probably good enough for most prints.

Actually on the UM3 I think you can directly enter the numbers without running through the whole printing phase - I think it's the next menu item down after XY calibration.

Another workaround is to use your fingers to do the extruding.  But it's a lot of hard work - lifting that filament with around 5 pounds (3kg) of force.

• Like 1

Hello,

Since few weeks we are experiencing the same problem with S5. See the pic attached. Does anyone have a possible solution?

Thanks!! 🙂

Hello,

Since few weeks we are experiencing the same problem with S5. See the pic attached. Does anyone have a possible solution?

Thanks!! 🙂

Ultimaker S5.jpg

Still waiting on Ultimaker to provide a hotfix, which they said would be available about two weeks ago...

Do the manual feeding of filament as I mention a few posts up.  Just lift that lever on extruder 2 and lift hard when it's printing with the second extruder.  About 5 pounds (3kg) force.  Hopefully a new firmware update will be out soon.

49 minutes ago, gr5 said:

Do the manual feeding of filament as I mention a few posts up.  Just lift that lever on extruder 2 and lift hard when it's printing with the second extruder.  About 5 pounds (3kg) force.  Hopefully a new firmware update will be out soon.

“Hopefully” 

An interesting word to use.