Correct print size

wjrudo

Posted · Correct print size

I'm running a Rostock with NyloX(carbon). My parts are designed in Fusion 360 then exported directly to Cura (Fusion has a thing that opens cura and inserts the part so it's the correct scale). My part's outside dimensions are small and the holes are small. Horizontal Expansion can make either the holes the correct size or the part the correct size, but not both, at the same time. What is the best method for sizing both. At the moment I'm giving the Horiz Exp a (1) value then adjusting my model holes larger in Fusion, by a percentage, based on hole size. Does anybody have a better way to accomplish this?

Posted · Correct print size

Adjusting vertical holes (not horizontal) in Fusion is probably your best bet.  You *can* do some changes in your profile to increase dimensional accuracy but you will still need to adjust the model but by different amounts.  So I recommend you stick with the profile you have been using and adjust holes sizes as needed.  Typically I adjust all (vertical) hole sizes up by about 0.4mm.  Even very large holes.

• 2 weeks later...