Could use some advice. Wall layer not adhering.

Posted · Could use some advice. Wall layer not adhering.

Hello

I have a geeetech prusa i3 wooden version.

I had zero experience before  i bought this diy kit. I manage to get it working quite well with a few issues.

Bed adhesion 100% leveling  100% axis moves  freely without jam. 100%

First problem im having is. The outer wall layer seems to not want to stick.(during 100% infill) during 20% infill the outerwall will hold up. 

For this print im using cura slicer on win32.

Cura settings:

I currently did full infill with 10% overlap

100% flow

100 movement speed.

205 for temperature

0.8 wall  thickness

0.2 layer 

The second problem im having is that some parts wont print as smooth and there are holes on the outer layer as you can see on the pic. 

Potential need to know info

My room is about 18-22 degree fluctuating slightly within these 4 degree.

My printer never came with a 'part cooling fan' i never installed one yet. Could this make a difference?

P.s. all my other  layers are sticking  just fine. Infill layers hold up just as intended.

Thank you for your help and support. Id be looking forward to hear from everyone. Thank you again. 

20190603_092419.jpg

20190603_092401.jpg

First of all don't do 100% infill.  It wastes time and filament and doesn't increase strength.  Well it doesn't affect bending strength or pulling strength but it does help crushing strength (if you stand on the print - infill will help).

wall-not-adhering is always an underextrusion issue.  Because you had the problem the most with 100% infill then I'm guessing your infill printing speed is higher than your wall speed and the infill speed is too high where it's underextruding.

But there are easily 20 possible causes for underextrusion.  they are all "fixed" by slowing down.  a lot.  Try 4X or 8X slower.  Just to see what happens.  You should be able to adjust print speed on the fly.  But even if that fixes it you may have a desire to print faster and there may be something you can do about that.  I don't know.

Yes you should absolutely get a cooling fan.  Quality will increase.  Particularly for overhangs. You want to cool the part without cooling the nozzle if possible.  If you use a fan you have to worry about back pressure - most fan shrouds block flow too much and the fan is useless.  Blowers don't mind back pressure.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your advice. Will try to slow it down. It seems some areas of the part can deal with the speed. I have to figure out how to slice certain parts faster. I have zero issues with overhangs without a fan so far. But will probably use one.