Build Volume Temperature ??

Link

Posted · Build Volume Temperature ??

I have noticed there is a setting for Build Volume Temperature in Cura for my S5, what doe this control ?, i am not aware the S5 heats the build chamber as it doesn't have a lid. There is nothing in the Cura user guide about this...

Thanks

That comes from some new parameters in the material profiles. Just ignore it as it does not affect the behavior of the S5 as you already found out.

Some non-ultimaker printers have temperature control for the ambient air inside the printer.  I think when this feature was added they forgot to make it default to hidden for Ultimaker profiles.  It just generates a gcode that is ignored by printers that don't have the feature.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gr5 said:

Some non-ultimaker printers have temperature control for the ambient air inside the printer.  I think when this feature was added they forgot to make it default to hidden for Ultimaker profiles.  It just generates a gcode that is ignored by printers that don't have the feature.

Thanks

There don't seem to be any printers using this feature in Cura 4.1. It seems this feature has not yet been implemented in CuraEngine for Cura 4.1.

Thanks,

I was looking for the M141 code but could not find it, and thought I had to set something in the definition file.

Ok, we will wait for it then 🙂

Can you add the code to the preamble code in the printer definition? I'm not at a computer with Cura at the moment so I may have the term incorrect, but IIRC you can set GCODE to play before and after a print.

Posted (edited) · Build Volume Temperature ??

Any way of stopping Cura from inserting M141 into the gcode? Pops up as an error in Duet everytime a print is started (More annoying than anything else).

EDIT - Ignore me - just found it in Cura under build volume temp (I was searching for 'chamber') - setting to 0 removes it from gcode

Edited by danielkrice