Ultimaker S5 - I can't print over 218 mm in the Y-Axis.

Posted · Ultimaker S5 - I can't print over 218 mm in the Y-Axis.

We very recently received this ultimaker S5, and I have encountered an issue that I can not resolve. We are trying to print an object with physical dimensions of (XYZ): 229 x 230 x 295 mm. I have checked and all these values correspond with the volume of the device, which are (XYZ): 330 x 240 x 300 mm. 

My issue lies with the Y-Axis scale. I can not seem to go over 218 mm to print. Everything else is fine with no problems. If anyone can help me. I would very much appreciate it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't tried to print up to the limits of the y-axis, but I have the same problem with the x-axis: I cannot print an object larger than 321 mm. Are you using Cura 4.1? That is where I am blocked from using the full build area. I was thinking of changing the machine settings to increase the build plate dimensions. Have you tried that? Do you know whether the issue is the printer or the slicer software?

What I did was test out the full limits of the printing capacity. And figured out how much actual print area was available for use. The issue I believe is the print head. It needs sufficient space for the nozzle switch. I eventually had to resize the print in order to make it fit inside. I am using cura 4.1. But I essentially I think the issue is that the printer has a set limiter.