I Need Help :(

cerons

Posted (edited) · I Need Help :(

Hi; I have problem and ı can find any solution 😞 I have water slide project and ı want print my models.I am model ın 3dMax And send cura but my model always seems gray and ıcant pri2222.thumb.png.846e1fc185d93ab94d48d20ed4aa9d16.pngnt it.Cura Just show supports. I am new 3d Printer user pls help me 😕 My Printer is Ender 3

111.png

Edited by cerons

Posted · I Need Help :(

Hello @cerons, it's hard to tell looking at your images exactly what is wrong. My first guess is that the model is too thin compared to the line widths, layer height, etc. It would help a lot if you could save the project file (File -> Save) and attach the .3mf file to this thread. Thanks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, burtoogle said:

Hello @cerons, it's hard to tell looking at your images exactly what is wrong. My first guess is that the model is too thin compared to the line widths, layer height, etc. It would help a lot if you could save the project file (File -> Save) and attach the .3mf file to this thread. Thanks.

Change .3mf but nothing change 😞 if i send my model can you look more detail for problem

Hi cerons, welcome to 3D printing!

I think you may have misunderstood bertoogle. He was asking you to load your model into Cura and then save the project. This will create a .3mf file. Then, if you post that file to this thread, people can look at it and give you advice.

Thanks for the file @cerons. It only contains the model and not the settings (you need to do File -> Save to save the settings and the model). Anyway, the model has problems. The mesh tools say it's not watertight (bad news for a water slide!). To be printable, the model needs to be watertight.

Screenshot_2019-07-10_18-25-22.thumb.png.80a6456c1bc5ed26670bf5199e1a08de.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, burtoogle said:

Thanks for the file @cerons. It only contains the model and not the settings (you need to do File -> Save to save the settings and the model). Anyway, the model has problems. The mesh tools say it's not watertight (bad news for a water slide!). To be printable, the model needs to be watertight.

Screenshot_2019-07-10_18-25-22.thumb.png.80a6456c1bc5ed26670bf5199e1a08de.png

Thanks for answer and how ı repair this model easly can you help me?

Posted (edited) · I Need Help :(

Damn, too slow again, but anyway:

Well, 3d-printing depends on solid, "watertight" models. 

The model in your file is the exact opposite... 😛

It consists of 114 separate (mostly overlapping) shells with paper thin walls, it's not usable for any manufacturing method that i'm aware of.

I'm not an expert and i don't know your modeling software, but there are tutorials for nearly everything out there nowadays...

All i know is: you need to create a solid, watertight model without intersecting faces, without internal structures and so on....

And as a rule of thumb: walls should not be thinner that two times the nozzle diameter, if you want to print it later.

Good luck!

Edited by tinkergnome
    • Like 1

Just now, tinkergnome said:

Damn, too slow again, but anyway:

Well, 3d-printing depends on solid, "watertight" models. 

The model in your file is the exact opposite... 😛

It consists of 114 separate (mostly overlapping) shells with paper thin walls, it's not usable for any manufacturing method that i' aware of.

I'm not an expert and i don't know your modeling software, but there are tutorials for nearly everything out there nowadays...

All i know is: you need to create a solid, watertight model without intersecting faces, without internal structures and so on....

And as a rule of thumb: walls should not be thinner that two times the nozzle diameter, if you want to print it later.

Good luck!

Thank you for everythıngg 🙂

Since you’re printing a water slide, “watertight” could have multiple meanings!

To elaborate a little: the term “watertight” here refers to the shape being printed. It needs to have a defined “inside” and “outside” where the “inside” gets filled with plastic. 

I’m trying to intuit how you created this, and propose a solution based on that workflow. I apologize in advance if I got it wrong.

I have only looked ar the pictures here, but it seems from what others have said that the meshes forming the slide are like infinitely thin sheets of paper with the ends curled up a bit, like you’ve modeled just the top surface of a section and then copy/pasted that section to form the overall shape. You need to continue that mesh to form the ends, the sides, and the bottom surfaces of each segment.

Then you need to combine those sections together so there is one shape that is, as the others have said, watertight...or “plastic-tight”. This would be some sort of “combine” or “union” command.

Ideally you should fix the model in 3dmax but alternatively you could try repairing it with netfabb.

netfabb free repair service is here (you have to create a free account first):
    https://service.netfabb.com/login.php