Printcore 2 height problem

ideszcsu

Posted · Printcore 2 height problem

Hi there.I´m having some troubles with my last printings and i´ve realised that the printcore 2, even when the lift switch is up, remains lower than printcore 1. Now appears the "Difference between detected height of both PrintCores exceeds realistic values" error. However this is an usual error for me.

The problem is that I cannot level the platform cause printcore 2 is always lower than printcore 1

Any ideas? Could it be a problem with the spring? I feel it isn't working well when I do this and the lift switch seems to work fine:

grips.jpg

I´m using Ultimaker 3 extended

Thanks

Instead of just using one hand, try using the other hand to squeeze from the nozzle to the clear part.

Slide it up and down many times.  Where is it sticking?  The spring can get jammed and start to come out of the clear part.

Taking the clear part and spring off is easy.  Try doing that and putting it back together.  Here is a detailed video of taking your core apart but you only need to remove the clear part so it's quite simple.

Full disassembly is really a last resort and can destroy your core but taking off the clear part is simple.

More likely I'm thinking something is broken in your UM3 print head.  Try putting other cores into the right side.  Do they go up and down when you slide the lever?

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I´ve tried to disassemble just the clear part and the spring looks good. Just the black piece is a little bit loose, but this only affects when you load the printcore right? when the printer is working the black piece is unusefull.

The print head also looks good. I have no idea what is happening. So I attach two pictures with the lift switch up and down. Maybe you can see what is wrong here. (I know it's not the cleanest print head 😅)

Thank you so much

IMG_20190917_101014.jpg

IMG_20190917_101024.jpg

On 9/16/2019 at 6:55 PM, gr5 said:

More likely I'm thinking something is broken in your UM3 print head.  Try putting other cores into the right side.  Do they go up and down when you slide the lever?

Any other idea?

HI,

Reviving an old post on a similar issue rather than create a new post.

I bought a fairly well used UM3 extended last week

It had a broken wire to the capacitive sensor (now re--soldered back on)

Once reattached, I am now getting the 'realistic height error'  during levelling.

There was a physical difference in the dimensions of the two print cores when I took them out of the printer, the heatsink and lower thread had partially unscrewed. 

When looking for further options for repair, I came across this page.
    https://www.dynamism.com/learn/3d-printing/ultimaker-error-codes-and-solutions.html

All the other links work, but the 'realistic height error' link goes to a SalesForce splash screen.

Does anybody know what content is on this page for error checking?

(have done the following:

cleared print heads using hot and cold pull

ensured print nozzle is clean externally, wire brush and wipe with rag

dropped bed to lowest level, then unscrewed three turns

manual adjust first.

)

Open to any further ideas,.

Regards.

A

Article your looking for should be this one: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/article/1667410781005
    Not sure why they built a knowledge base against a different websites knowledge base though, thats odd..

Print cores are technically considered not serviceable by UltiMaker.
    They should be the same length, if not your just always going to have issues as there is no way to adjust the z offset between them.

Thanks Dustin,

After posting, I also realised that the wayback machine would have the original article also - they're both as detailed.

A