CR-10 S5 Keeps Pausing

OA517

Posted · CR-10 S5 Keeps Pausing

I am currently printing with a CR-10 S5 and it keep pausing randomly through out a print. When it does pause it will go to the home axis and will display on the screen ' Print Paused '. Another bug the printer is experiencing is it will have filament errors and pause itself and return to home axis. I can resume the print no problem with these 2 bugs but the point of having this high end printer is to let it keep running unabated. I've been printing with Cura 4.0 and have not changed default settings. Is there a way around thee bugs? Please help. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just recently I've had this exact problem with my S5, and upon further investigation found it was my filament sensor. Mine was doing the same exact thing that yours is where it pauses, homes, then cools down the hotend and says "print paused" on the screen. I didn't think to take a look at the filament sensor because the screen said nothing about filament runout, but upon attaching the filament sensor cable to the small sensor substitute that came with the printer (the one that tricks the printer into thinking the sensor is active) the printer worked as normal. One potential cause of the issue could be a bend in the filament which creates enough of a gap to deactivate the sensor's limit switch, but it is possible you could fix the problem by layering tape on the sensor to make sure it triggers no matter what.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem where the print pauses or gives repeated filament errors.  This is when I use basic settings.  When I use other quality settings this does not happen. I have checked the fillament sensor and its not the problem.  Any advice?  I am willing to inspect the gcode but not sure what to look for.

• 2 months later...

There won't be anything in the gcode that references "filament errors". If your printer is randomly pausing something is telling it to.

The typical pause commands used by post processor plug-ins (like  PauseAtHeight and FilamentChange) are M0, M600, M25.  If You aren't using either of those Plugins then it's most likely the printer is signalling itself to pause.

Start a print and manually trip the filament sensor to try to reproduce the behavior.