Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle Firmware

Diego_Medics3D

Posted · Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle Firmware

Hi all!

Is there any update about the availability of the Pro Bundle firmware?

I've bought and set up the whole bundle from about one month today and still I cannot use the features I paid for. Is quite frustrating to keep using polyboxes while having the material station attached to the printer.

please realease something soon to use the new upgrades.

bye

Diego

According to Ultimaker, firmware v5.4.24 will be released on Monday, 12/9/2019. This will include full support for the S5 Pro Bundle components (Material Station and Air Manager).

Hello @SandervG, can you verify the message from @jesimon? We haven't heard anything yet and my reseller just said that the material station and the air manager would be available in 9 weeks! That would be a catastrophy as we need the bundle. 

Best regards to everyone!

Hi, allow me to write the same reply here as I wrote elsewhere. Starflashbully already knows it, but just so everyone is up to date: 

Thank you for your time and patience on this subject. We released a new firmware today for the Ultimaker S5 and the Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle. This means that if you already own an Ultimaker Pro Bundle, you will be able to start using it. If you ordered one, but haven't received it yet, it means it is going to be shipped to you.

Practical information; If you already owned an Ultimaker S5 and it's running on old firmware, such as 5.0.X or 5.1.X, it must be updated via the stepping stone version. This is not new information, but I figured it's worth stressing again. Specific instructions on how to update your machine, and the files you need, can be found on this page: https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/52601-update-the-ultimaker-s5-firmware 

@SandervG we installed the latest Release on our brand new S5. Alas, this version appears to be less stable than the previous one that was pre-installed on the printer. Here's what we've encountered sofar:

• The camera feed, both viewed through cura and the webinterface, shows occasional dropouts of part of the image, i.e. the lower quarter or half of the image flickers briefly.
    • After several hours of operation, the camera feed stops working
    • On some of our computers in the local network, the printer disappears from cura and can not be discovered again though "Refresh", but works fine on other computers at the same time
    • Just now, when trying to swap out filaments (different colors of Ultimaker Tough PLA), the new filament was not recongnized, a few seconds after that, the printer threw a ER998 at me, asking for a reboot. Filament detection worked flawlessly afterwards.

None of these things occured during days of operation before installing the new firmware. The material station and air manager are on backorder, anyways, so meanwhile, we may want to go back to the previous firmware. Where can we download the image?

Finally: I'm new to the Ultimaker ecosystem, is this the right channel to report this?

Thanks,
    Andy.

Hi @gandy, thank you for your message and welcome to our community! 

Regarding the right channels, consider the community as a fast channel to find tips and tricks, like when you want to get more out of  your Ultimaker products. It is not an official technical support channel though, a lot of the information you find here is provided by users who are experts with our products (which does not mean it is any less useful).

You can also report bugs here, in particular after a release (like firmware or Cura), we are keeping a close eye on here to collect user feedback. 

Can you provide a log of your printer? You can store it on a USB in your S5, via the settings menu. 

I can send you details to roll back via a DM, thank you. 

• Thanks 1

Hi @SandervG, thank you for your welcoming words. I assume the log needs to be saved before the next reboot? I just learned my colleague rebooted the printer this morning after the camera feed got lost again over the weekend. Consequently, the dmesg file only shows messages from after the reboot. Do you need all the files stored on the USB stick or only a subset? Can I attach a ZIP archive to a DM or do you have better suited ways of uploading this kind of data? Not sure if they belong in the public area.

Thanks, Andy.

Hi @SandervG, I just sent you a DM with the logs, hoping this helps. Cheers, Andy.

Thanks, message received! I send you a response.