Johnn

print is different if printed directly from the computer or by the printer on microSD card

Posted · print is different if printed directly from the computer or by the printer on microSD card

Yesterday I printed some easy file from my computer (of 5 hours print), but cura crashed in the middle of the print (I was doing many things on the pc at this moment), so I decided to export the gcode on the microSD card and then print it directly on the printer. But this time the print quality was really poor and the infill way worse and more dense than it was meant to, see the comparison between it on the photo (on bottom this is the print of the pc).
My motherboard is some cheap one of anet, so I think it's the reason of it, don't you think ? Or is there another reason that I didn't think ?
Thanks93113061_2019-11-2813_32_09-2019_11_28_13_30_32_Window.png-Paint.thumb.png.3a6b2bca781d37021e595f4224de56be.png

Posted · print is different if printed directly from the computer or by the printer on microSD card

I don't think so, I guess you the GCode was not exactly the same between the two prints.

Try it if you save the GCode first to a file, then print from Cura and then use the saved file to print from SDCard.

The procedure is basically the same, when printing via card, the GCode is processed line by line and when printing via Cura, the GCode lines will be sent line by line via USB. So there is no more magic.

Thanks, good idead, I'm gonna try it after checking the carriage didn't have some unexpected problem before printing from printer.

Ok, mystery resolved : when cura crashed at the first print, I didn't save the settings, so you were right the 2 gcode weren't the same. Thank you !

Mystery solved 🙂

Thanks for the feedback!