Gaps in lines.

TR33C3

Posted · Gaps in lines.

Hello everyone, this is my first inquiry here so firstly thank you for any help you can provide. Secondly Im having issues with my Ender 3 Pro. Like most people my bed isn't perfectly level and because I'm using the magnetic bed those dips can cause some mild leveling issues. Once I get everything level though and start printing everything seems fine. A few hours into my prints though I start to get gaps in my lines for both the infill and my walls. I thought maybe my bed adjustment knobs were backing off. So I lightly raise the bed in the area im noticing it happening and the lines will go away but eventually will form again. Then I thought maybe it was pillowing but further research showed it didn't look anything like pillowing. So then I thought maybe I needed to increase my flow from 95% to 100% which helped slightly but the gaps are still there. 

I know ironing can help, but this is happening on most every layer below the final layer, meaning those gaps in my walls go very far down into my print and I would rather fix the problem and not just the visible layer. My friend recommended trying to decrease the line distance, currently it's set to 1.6mm, to try and ensure they stick together. I was thinking perhaps a glass bed to replace the magnetic one help since it would actually be flat compared to my bed. What do you all think? Included is a few images of prints with the gaping im taking about. Again thank you all and happy printing! 

20200106_005526.jpg

20200106_005605.jpg

20200106_005645.jpg

Posted · Gaps in lines.

I also used to have this issue, and in my case it was fixed by decreasing the print speed. Because the gaps only show on long straight lines, and nog in the corners or in short lines, it is probably because there is nog enough plastic extruded to compensate for the movement speed.

Posted · Gaps in lines.

I had similar issues when I have used one of the default profiles. 

After equalizing all the speeds except the travel speeds to the same value, the gaps never occurred again. 

But it is generally better to set all the speeds to the same value, which gives also better dimensional accuracy.

Posted · Gaps in lines.

Not saying I won't try reducing my speed to test what your saying, but if speed were the ultimate culprit, wouldn't the lines be showing up a lot sooner than 25%? Once this terrain floor finishes I'll print another cube.

I changed my wall line count on a whim by +1 to try and help with the walls since that's mostly where it happens. Currently at 52% with no wall gaps. 

Posted · Gaps in lines.

Alright so my print speed for wall lines and infill was set to 45 mm/s so I reduced it to both 40 then 35mm/s and am still having gapping. My inner and outer wall speed is set to 22.5 mm/s for better detail. My initial layers and even my infill is still doing fine. It only seems to be gaping when it's printing the "fine" detail areas or the small areas that are only lines. Whether they are straight or curved, long or short. I don't really want to lower the speed anymore because my Ender 3 pro should be able to easily print at higher speeds than that and im not really looking to increase my print times that drastically. 

If my print speed isn't effecting it could it be my temperature or flow rate? My house is kinda colder during the winter and idk if that would effect its printing that much with PLA. My flow rate is currently at 100%(I've seen some people recommend up to 115%) and my temperature is at 205° for the first layer then 200° for subsequent layers. 

There was another setting in speed, Equalize Filament Flow, that I thought could help but I don't want to waste time or plastic on it if it's not helpful. 

20200111_103245.jpg

15787604982541917407583427028396.jpg