Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
The_Nonchalant_Shallot

Preview mode is broken

Posted · Preview mode is broken

After slicing my model, I always go to preview to make sure things are doing exactly what I want them to do. After updating to 4.4, preview no longer shows anything in layer view. I can see my model in x-ray view but that is completely useless as it does not show supports or layers or infill.

To get the obvious out of the way: did you slice the model? Lower right corner.

As insulted as I admittedly feel that THAT was the first response... Yes. I did slice it, though it did not matter whether I had sliced it or not. An unsliced model in preview would appear as a translucent grey version of itself.

No, when I say blank, I mean the entire render window was completely white. The render of the printing bed was gone. The grid was gone. The model was gone. Everything was gone, replaced by a white background of nothingness, where the only thing keeping my eyes company on the screen was the UI. Even using Ctrl + A to "select all" did not work, and I know that because if no model is selected, the tool panel on the left is greyed out. It stayed greyed out.

Until I can find a fix for this, or someone else has a fix, I have already reinstalled 4.3

4 minutes ago, The_Nonchalant_Shallot said:

As insulted as I admittedly feel that THAT was the first response...

You shouldn't feel insulted, ahoeben doesn't know you or your skill level and didn't have much to go on, so it's often better to start "at the bottom" so to speak. It's not uncommon that the seemingly simplest things are the problem.

(I've been working with tech support for 3d printer for the past 6 years or so, trust me, it's not uncommon 😄 )

For the record, I did not mean to offend you. But you did not give us much to work with. Your clarification helps in getting your problem across, but there is still not much I can say about the cause of it. If you could share a Cura.log file (which can be found via Help -> Show configuration menu), there might be things in there that could give a hint about what causes the issue.