RickyDRZ

Cura Version Bottom Layers Poor Quality

Posted · Cura Version Bottom Layers Poor Quality

Hello everybody.

It's the first time I'm writting in this forum so let me Introduce myself a bit. I use 3D printing mainly at work, we have a Ultimaker 3 Extended to print prototypes. 99% of our print are made in grey PLA and we normally use either PVA or Breakaway as supports. Lately I've been having issues with the the bottom layers, not the intial layer, all the bottom layer sin contact with the supports. I've tryed many things, touching temperature, velocities, overflows, material,... all kinds of setting but at the end I was having the same results.

Today I was thinking about it and I did a change, I downloaded the version 3.6 of cura and I've printed with the exact same settings, materials and printer and magically the problem has gone away!

Does anyone know why? There is anything I can do in Cura 4.4 to print as good as cura 3.6?

I attach a picture with both prints.

image.thumb.png.e019a770d85e08018129781c562b260b.png

Thank you veru much!

Ricard

Cura4_4 vs 3_6.jpg

Posted · Cura Version Bottom Layers Poor Quality

Hey,

are you sure you have the newest version of Cura installed? There was a bug with the "stair stepping" as mentioned here: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/7018 I don't know if it was fixed in Cura 4.4.1.

Maybe you can check if the problematic layers were supported enough. Was this part printed with PLA and Breakaway? I had a similar looking issue and the suggested workaround solved the issue.