Ultimaker Cura 4.4 making thick walls as support

Veronica2

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.4 making thick walls as support

Hello, 

I am using ultimaker Cura 4.4 and my 3D printer is a Creality Ender 3 pro. Anyone has had this weird situation where supports are actually very thick walls?

My current infill pattern is "zig zag" but regardless any pattern that I change it to, those walls are always there. I have even take the wall line count to 0 and see what happends but nothing seems to make those "support walls" change. 

Any ideas f what could it be?

Ender3-SupportIssue.JPG

Ender3-SupportIssue-2.JPG

Ender3-SupportIssue-3.JPG

Ender3-SupportIssue-4.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure what to do to make the walls thinner as I don't often use suport but... you don't need any support for this model so just turn it off.  Those ledges are angled upwards and small and should print just fine.  And the door ways and windows have a flat bridge at the top (as all windows and doorways do) so you don't need any support there either.

Anyway there are a TON of support settings - like maybe 30 or 50?  But I'd just turn it off for this model.

What should the supports look like in your opinion? I think that for such small features, support will always look like this... And @gr5, are you sure that no supports are needed? With unsupported bridges, there will always be sagging and a not-so-pretty lower surface... of course, the Ender 3 is possibly quite a bit better concerning bridging than the UM S5, but still...