Startup error

punkindrublik

Posted (edited) · Startup error

Anybody have any clue as to how this might have started and even better yet, how I can fix it? I can't even open the program anymore, all I get it this message.
Running Windows 10. Thanks in advance.

Capture.PNG

Edited by punkindrublik

Posted · Startup error

So the permission denied is a huge clue.  Does that folder exist?  Does that file exist?  If so, try to delete it.  Maybe there is a cura running that you can't see but is hanging onto that file.  Check for a process named cura.  If you *can* delete the file then it's probably not because some other process is running.

Could the disk be full?  Make sure there is a GB of space or so available.  A full disk would be one way to get this exact error.

Uninstall is not the best - better to delete that whole roaming/cura folder (while cura is not running) and then launch cura again (it will create that folder structure from scratch).

Posted · Startup error
    30 minutes ago, gr5 said:

So the permission denied is a huge clue.  Does that folder exist?  Does that file exist?  If so, try to delete it.  Maybe there is a cura running that you can't see but is hanging onto that file.  Check for a process named cura.  If you *can* delete the file then it's probably not because some other process is running.

Could the disk be full?  Make sure there is a GB of space or so available.  A full disk would be one way to get this exact error.

Uninstall is not the best - better to delete that whole roaming/cura folder (while cura is not running) and then launch cura again (it will create that folder structure from scratch).

Well, I figured it out. You pointed me in the right direction, thank you. It turns out the entire user "B" had the "hidden" box checked in the properties. I have no idea how, but I must have done it. 
    Anyway, appreciate the help, thanks again.

• Like 1