Cura 4.5 not starting anymore

daaath

Posted · Cura 4.5 not starting anymore

cura 4.4.1 was also often not starting but 50 /50  it worked...

now cura 4.5 or any new installation of 4.4.1 is not starting anymore at all. (uninstalled and installed several times ... used cc cleaner ... also deactivated a lot of stuff and tasks on startup but nothing helps)

i think the only thing on the system i changed in the last weeks were fresh nvidia drivers... 

cura.log

Having the same problem, but.... I can reproduce the problem, at least, on my PC. I have a dual monitor setup at home. When having both monitors active, Cura starts, splash-screen shows progress and after telling me "Loading UI" the splash screen disappears, and a gray window appears and remains. After that nothing happens, I guess you all know this issue. But when closing/killing Cura through Task Manager and disabling the secondary monitor by pressing Windows-key+P and selecting one monitor, starting of Cura completes successfully. After that I can expand my monitor again. But when I close Cura and restart Cura with both monitors active, the problem reoccurs.

When Cura is running with both monitors active the same problem occurs when opening the Marketplace from within Cura; the Marketplace window is there, but there's nothing in it, it remains a gray screen and Cura hangs. Have to kill it through Task Manager.

At that time my graphics-drivers were outdated, so I thought updating them could resolve the problem, but it didn't. In case someone is interested here's my system configuration:

Windows 10 Pro (10.0.18363)

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz

Asus Maximus VIII Ranger MoBo

16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics adapter (driver version 445.75)

Hi,

I'm new but I joined because Cura 4.5 suddenly stopped working for me as well. Yesterday it worked fine. Went past the grey loading screen and stuff and loaded up just fine. And now, when I need to print a new prototype, Cura no longer runs. The grey loading screen loads up and when it is done with that I either get a flash of cura opening and closing, or, it opens but doesn't respond. I've tried to fix the problem by installing it in multiple different folders, reinstalling the VC Redist stuff, launching in Windows 8 Compatibility Mode with and without running as administrator... Nothing helps!

I hope there is a fix for this because I need Cura to work as soon as possible... I have included all logs I could find for Cura.

stderr.log stdout.log cura.log

@Miech this solution doesn´t work for me :-( 

i have a brand new computer now... new processor new ram new mainboard new SSD ... only the gtx 1080 stayed and my two monitors...

i have a brand new ssd and new windows 64 bit pro installed

and still on this fresh installation cura 4.5 isn´t starting ... so it must have problems with nvidia / two monitor setup but like i said miech´s solution isn´´t fixing it for me :-(

Same problem here. Has anybody a solution?

Same here .. worked yesterday and all month now it locks on ultimate cura not responding.. 

Jeff

same here, after it finish loaded UI, the whole thing just disappear

Try if Cura works with only a single display. If so, you can go to the preferences, and uncheck the option to "Restore window position on start".

On 4/23/2020 at 1:14 PM, ahoeben said:

Try if Cura works with only a single display. If so, you can go to the preferences, and uncheck the option to "Restore window position on start".

Well to my surprise, this works! Thanks ahoeben!

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.5 not starting anymore

Sure enough. . . this did it.

I'm pushing three monitors. I went into Windows settings and disconnected two, and ran Cura as administrator.

Edited by gardnert
    delete post?

On 4/23/2020 at 7:14 AM, ahoeben said:

Try if Cura works with only a single display.

Sure enough. . . this did it!

I'm pushing three monitors. I went into Windows settings and disconnected two, and ran Cura as administrator.

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.5 not starting anymore

If you have Cura 4.6, go to the General preferences and unselect the option to "Resore the window position on start". Then reconnect all your displays.

Edited by ahoeben
    • Like 1

I'm running Cura 4.8.0 and  and hit exactly the same problem. I also remember what preceded it and hope my experience below will be useful to the development team and others who hit the same issue.

Essentially, similar to Meich, I also run a dual screen setup at home and his solution of using --> Windows Key + P --->then selecting 'PC only' to switch to only one monitor for a minute did the trick and got past the blank screen.

My computer is a relatively maxed out Alienware running an i9 with a beefy Geforce GPU. 

As it may help in diagnosing the fault from the developer point of view what I did immediately prior to experiencing the problem was used the windows key + arrow shortcut to move the cura application to my second monitor with view to dragging and dropping some STLs into it. It then became unresponsive and when I restarted it the splash screen appeared on monitor 1, then the main application screen (just blank gray/white with nothing on it appeared on the secondary monitor and needed to be killed via task manager. I experimented with moving it back across to the other monitor once I'd reactivated my second screen and once again Cura crashes and I can only restart it again using the Ctrl + P trick. Going to unselect restore the position on start now as suggested by another poster.

Hope the information helps other users and perhaps the development team of this awesome piece of software!