red_star_rc

Strange artifacts slicing in Cura 4.5.0

Posted (edited) · Strange artifacts slicing in Cura 4.5.0

Cube-1.thumb.JPG.0738e25e762d95c369ec4cfc061c0258.JPGCube-2.thumb.JPG.73a9af355b59e74e38c340d27a981e8c.JPGCylinder-1.thumb.JPG.a601bf52aee0f8ac082e1abecf9c4880.JPGCylinder-2.JPG.0e32c691f2d372de5c0da702196e7f93.JPGCylinder-3.thumb.JPG.fe071c69af19c9a505e263c1bd305cb4.JPGCylinder-4.thumb.JPG.f9b9e0035d1c23fc985790a7dc1d6e73.JPGNoticed strange artifacts that appears after slicing in new Cura 4.5.0. Smooth before slicing. Appears on preview and print too.

Edited by red_star_rc

Posted · Strange artifacts slicing in Cura 4.5.0

Please save a project file (File -> Save) and then attach the .3mf file to this thread. Thanks.

Unfortunately I can't do it. Uninstalled 4.5.0 and reinstalled 4.4.1  No artifacts anymore.

That's because of your setting of infill wipe distance and/or infill overlap.

Then the default settings for your printer include those setting values. Ultimaker doesn't check the validity of 3rd party default profiles; they are provided by the manufacturer or by hobbyists.

One more time. Slow. Cura 4.4.1 DOES NOT have any atrifacts. Cura 4.5.0 DOES. If you saying that defaults are wrong they should be changed. If you are saying that new Cura grabs my old profile and wrongly interprets it it should be fixed.

Conclusion: New Cura doesn't work the way it suppose to be.

Posted (edited) · Strange artifacts slicing in Cura 4.5.0

One more time. Slow. Ultimaker depends on community members to make profiles for 3rd party printers.

Since you are not even saying what printer you use, and you seem to be unwilling to even help test changes to be made to Cura so they are included in the next version, I am afraid you are going to be using Cura 4.4.1 for a while.

Edited by ahoeben
  • Like 2

Printer Anet A8.  Artifacts is on Cura level, not printer. And YES I will use older version of Cura since it doesn't have bug I tried to point to.

Look, unless you provide the asked for info, there's no real evidence that this problem is really being caused by a bug in Cura 4.5. It could just as easily have been the result of bad settings or (less likely) a bad model.

• Like 1

No problem. I don't have time to experiment with new Cura right now. If nobody else reported similar problem I will try to play with it after finish project I am working on now. Older version don't have any artifacts and works perfectly for me. Thanks.

It's not related to a bug in Cura but as stated before it's simply a misconfigured profile, not specifically the Anet A8's profile but even "worse" the underlying Anet base profile.

The fix however is simple, click advanced settings and go down to Infill setting make sure that "infill wipe" is set to 0, now verify your preview again and see that it's no longer showing the artifacts.

The funny thing is that Cura 4.4.1 doesn't even come with an Anet A8 profile so I've curious to see what other settings might be different to your 4.4.1 setup and the nowadays included Anet A8 profile.