Nozzle still appears to be blocked and atomic pull method isn't working to clear it

Posted · Nozzle still appears to be blocked and atomic pull method isn't working to clear it

Hi, I have been using my ultimaker 2 (recently purchased) with filamentive white PLA and its been printing fine with a few minor teething issues.  I have managed to solve all of these and it was printing fine again. I did use white abs at the start but that was several months ago and I have printed perfectly fine since then.  However, the nozzle now appears to be blocked and the atomic method just refuses to solve this issue, its incredibly frustrating as I really need the printer working as I am in my final year as an Architecture undergrad and everything has to be done from home at the minute. Do you have any suggestions as how to clear the nozzle? When i heat it up to 260 it does come through, but not as smoothly and evenly as possible. I have repeated the atomic test many times but with no result 

I have a new roll of filament which I can use, but I am reluctant to start it as I have a third of the other spool left. 

I have attached photos of the atomic pull (which doesn't look healthy), any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

IMG_4750.jpeg

Posted · Nozzle still appears to be blocked and atomic pull method isn't working to clear it

Years ago I described my more gentle atomic pull method, but it also had a couple of other tips that I use. The main difference with the standard method, is that mine is much more gentle, less hard on the machine, but with equally good results.

Regarding the amount of black residu on this pulled-out piece, it looks like the nozzle needs additional cleaning indeed.

See here: https://www.uantwerpen.be/nl/personeel/geert-keteleer/manuals/

After doing an atomic pull, you should be able to see through the nozzle from above.