Small circle is printing with a weird movement

Deses

Posted (edited) · Small circle is printing with a weird movement

Hi!

I have a small circular feature with a hole in the middle for a M3 screw to screw on, and I was checking the preview and found that it was following a weird movement pattern. I have a wall thickness of 1.2 (3 walls with a 0.4 nozzle) and these features are 1.88 mm thick, so they should be printing in a solid block...

How do I make so it prints in a circular motion rather than that jerky mess?

Here's a video of my issue for more clarity and below is a picture of the meaning of each color:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjmnpsbwkwyl6qr/video_2020-05-13_04-51-32 compressed.mp4?dl=0

2020-05-13 05_02_20-CE3_Body3 - Ultimaker Cura 4.6.0.png

Edited by Deses

Posted · Small circle is printing with a weird movement

Cura wants to fille the tiny gaps between the wall lines. This is because the wall thickness of the 3D model is not a multiplier of the line width. You can change the "fill gaps between walls" setting to Nowhere or change the line width...

image.png.2252a4135d407b188bdc1278cce1bff7.png

5 minutes ago, Framar said:

Cura wants to fille the tiny gaps between the wall lines. This is because the wall thickness of the 3D model is not a multiplier of the line width. You can change the "fill gaps between walls" setting to Nowhere or change the line width...

image.png.2252a4135d407b188bdc1278cce1bff7.png

Oh I see... with that option disabled it doesn't print anything so the best approach here would be to make that part a little bit thicker so it can print a full wall, right? I'm going to do that now.

Thank you very much!

Thought I'd hijack this thread rather that start another... have a question along the same theme that may help others if a solution is found... 

I have a very simple model that is drawn in Rhino3D that has a wall thickness in the model that is 1.6mm thick. Once the model is exports  as an STL and opened in CURA (Version 4.8.0) and I slice it using the standard settings of Dynamic Quality (0.16mm) and ensuring that I have "fill gaps between walls" on... I get these crazy little extrusions:

image.thumb.png.a4ce8d70e41717295e37348d50f69817.png

Is there a way of getting the 'fill gaps between walls' to just circle the part so there is no little moves within the walls?

Have tried adjusting model a bunch of different ways, but no joy.

Cheers,

Shuey!

Disable Arc welder plugin worked for me 😁

Posted (edited) · Small circle is printing with a weird movement

Arc Welder is a Post-Processor and turning it off should not have made a difference in the Preview.

@mikus are you using a more current version of Cura (@Shuey was using 4.8)?  The beta version of "Arachne" addresses this problem using variable line width (so an odd number of walls may occur).  I think 4.12.1 and 4.13.1 are better at it as well.

Edited by GregValiant