Strange retraction/underextruding behavior.

Kyletr76

Posted (edited) · Strange retraction/underextruding behavior.

For some strange reason, I'm getting some odd retraction behavior in my 3D prints. It constantly retracts when it should be printing solid, leaving a honeycomb pattern behind. I'm running Cura 4.6.1, I'll attach the G-code and a photo of the result, I'm not technical enough to interpret the G-code myself. I have a ANET E12 if that helps anything. appreciate the responses and help, let me know if you need anymore info.

glitched.gcode

image.jpg

Edited by Kyletr76

Posted · Strange retraction/underextruding behavior.

I do appreciate the assistance and tried both things listed above. One of them worked and I'm no longer having the issue. I thank you both for your help!

I may have spoke too soon, it didn't work. Just tried printing another part and same problem, the exturder gear is clicking back while its printing. I put some tape on the end of my extruder gear and took a video to better show the issue. Starting to think it may be a mechanical issue with the printer.

error video.zip

Hi Kyletr76,

I guess tha Anet is a direct drive printer, right or am I wrong? If yes your retraction distance should be around 2,0mm. If your frame is not enough rigid (did you upgrade it?) your speed should go down a bit. Best pratice is make a retraction test to calibrate your values, it's easy to find it in Thinginverse. I Hope it helps

P.S. here is a retraction test (for bowden style printers) changing values doing multiple process in Simplify3D

1585627790_RetractionSettingsPOLYMAX.thumb.jpg.7ace5cc6417b3f096f9d4853e467ac1e.jpg

Retraction Settings POLYMAX.jpg