3D Printing Help...Why is my print looking like this?

Posted · 3D Printing Help...Why is my print looking like this?

Hi Guys,

Have been trying to figure out why our printer keeps on printing inconsistently. The material used is PLA through a 0.4mm nozzle. Adhesion to the new Buildtak looks good as the first layer goes down well on the footprint of each part and the skirt - bed has been calibrated many times and I think this is good due to how well the first layer goes down. From the first layer onward is when the issues start but I can't see to figure out what or why it is doing this: The models are raised 3mm from the bed to try and prevent warping also

Appreciate the help - bit of a newbie to Ultimaker printing...

IMG_5830.JPG

IMG_5831.JPG

Posted · 3D Printing Help...Why is my print looking like this?

PLA essentially doesn't warp.  Long narrow parts may test that statement but I don't see a need to raise the parts off the bed.  IF warping happens that's a problem that can be dealt with.  I don't want to get you down, but right now all you have is a mess.

Keep it simple.  Do one part at a time.  Put the part on the build surface.  Give yourself the best chance at being successful.